The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for researching, developing, evaluating and improving new and existing manufacturing processes and parameters. The focus will be on optimizing processes that match the tooling, equipment and facility and provide efficient, cost effective processes that utilize operators and/or robotics in a manufacturing operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Work with program management team members in order to meet program timing. This will include the following:
- Develop new equipment through RFQ process.
- Develop new equipment run-off criteria.
- Develop training package for new equipment.
- Add new equipment to asset list.
- Update PM requirements on new equipment.
- Update spare parts list.
- Develop trial request form and support all trials.
- Create equipment removal form if necessary.
- Develop set up / parameter worksheet.
- Review lessons learned.
- Participate in product launch customer visits.
- Develop processes and troubleshoot manufacturing process problems including internal and external complaints.
- Reduce scrap and improve efficiency and cycle times for assigned processes. Develop and complete continuous improvement projects to meet cost savings targets.
- Develop and write equipment specifications, performance requirements, cost analysis, and RFQ for integrating injection molding machinery and equipment into manufacturing process.
- Assist in training supervisors, leads, operators and maintenance staff in the safe and proper usage of equipment and tooling.
- Work to improve equipment changeovers.
- Writes/updates equipment check sheets, operating standards and keeps master documents on file.
- Confers with management, engineering and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules and other considerations to facilitate the manufacturing/injection molding processes.
- Reviews manufacturing strategy on new product quotations.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering or related field from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Master’s degree on Engineering or administration is preferred.
- Six Sigma experience, green belt preferred.
- Experience in plastic molding & assembly.
- 5 - 7 years of experience.
- Experience in C.A.D. is required.