Position at Commercial Construction North America
ITW Commercial Construction encompasses the leading brands of Buildex® (Teks®, Tapcon®, Sammys®), Red Head (TruBolt®, Epcon®), and Ramset (Trakfast®) with an overall history dating back to 1910. As a leading manufacturer with a proven history of creating innovative fastening solutions, we market value engineered products for use by the professional commercial contractor in concrete, drywall, metal building, fire protection, plumbing, electrical, and HVAC applications.
We take pride in our commitment to operational excellence, superior service, and new product development that has guided the company through decades of growth by meeting the ever-changing needs of the commercial construction industry. Focusing on the needs of our end-users enables us to customize our product offering and service based on their requirements.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
- Designs manufacturing processes, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining and material handling.
- Analyze information, generate alternatives, and commit to solutions that ensure the efficient use of resources.
- Implements improvements by prioritizing and assigning tasks, resources and accountabilities to ensure objectives are met within the required time and budget.
- Designs arrangement of machines within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout.
- Ensure that the facility operates within all applicable legal, safety, and environmental requirements.
- Perform various administrative responsibilities such as timely reporting, meetings, project management, developing safe work methods, interfacing with OSHA, EPA, emergency response teams, risk management and loss protection.
- Collaborates with R&D Engineering regarding product design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques.
- Identify, lead and develop talent in order to maximize individual, team and organizational effectiveness in meeting company goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BachelorDegree in Engineering - Mechanical or Manufacturing highly preferred
- 5+ years of experience in high-volume manufacturing environment
- Increasing level of responsibilities in managing matters and resolving issues related to building and grounds maintenance, equipment and tooling design/modification, production equipment acquisition, installation/maintenance, project management and supervision
- Knowledge and application of design, engineering and technology, computers and electronics, technology design, and problem solving
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and /or SolidWorks CADD software
- Experience with Value Stream Mapping, Six Sigma Tools, Lean Manufacturing, Automation, and Capital Project a plus