DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate with management and user personnel to develop production and design standards.
- Review production schedules, engineering specifications, orders, and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures, and activities.
- Estimate production costs, cost saving methods, and the effects of product design changes on expenditures for management review, action, and control.
- Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency using drafting tools on the computer.
- Confer with customers, vendors, staff, and management personnel regarding purchases, product and production specifications, manufacturing capabilities, or project status.
- Plan and establish sequence of operations to manufacture and assemble parts or products and to promote efficient utilization.
- Study operations sequence, material flow, functional statements, organization charts, and project information to determine worker functions and responsibilities.
- Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, material, and utilities.
- Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, staff requirements, and production standards.
- Record or oversee recording of information to ensure accuracy of engineering drawings
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Related Field
· 3+ years of previous Manufacturing Engineer experience
· Must have previous Tool and/or Machine Design experience
· Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate with all levels of management and hourly employees.
· Able to communicate efficiently both orally and in writing, including the ability to communicate with all levels of management, especially first line.