CIP Manufacturing Engineering supports manufacturing and process improvements for metal stamped products for the automotive market. CIP Manufacturing Engineering collaborates with Safety, Quality, Engineering, and Manufacturing to ensure our products meet
the ever growing and changing demands of our market and customers. This position will have the opportunity to learn and support the roles of manufacturing, process improvement, and product quality. This position will also be working on a team to learn and
support the development of manufacturing systems and processes.
- Learn ITW CIP product lines and methods of fabrication, heat treat, finishing, sourcing and other processing functions.Exposure to engineering, manufacturing, and quality functions and processes.
- Support the initiation of production launches of newly awarded business through preparation and processing of documentation through product launch to end of life.
- Evaluate and improve on processes in manufacturing systems.
- Maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields, costs and changeovers.
- Develop innovative solutions.
- Improve process capability and production volume while maintaining and improving quality standards.
- Evaluate internal defect and downtime information to form appropriate plans of improvement.
- Drives improvement efforts based on analysis.
- Analyzes processes to identify areas of improvement and provide appropriate analytics to facilitate business effort prioritization.
- Develop and implement systems that optimize all phases of production process.
- Provide suggestions during incident investigations.
- Work with equipment designers and manufacturing teams to develop a cost-effective and working production process.
- Leverage proven processes from manufacturing cell to manufacturing cell
- Work closely with the Quality and Production supervisors to review and approve operating, set up, and inspection instructions and verification documents.
- Develop project plans indicating significant milestones.
- Develop documentation for multiple departments including engineering, quality, maintenance, and operations related to assigned projects.
- Provide CAD for mechanical components and systems, tooling, and quality gages.
- Conduct process studies and make recommendations for improvements of material, mechanical and manual processes and systems to build resiliency into processes.
- Develop understanding and leadership abilities around the APQP process.
- Develop and provide training for multiple departments regarding designed improvements.
- Ensure compliance with all Safety, Environmental, and Quality policies while completing assigned duties.
- Assist quality engineering with corrective action development and implementation.
- Provide leadership and management to project teams that include a cross-functional team from numerous departments
- Metal Stamping experience a plus
Travel will be required, but limited. Typically, 3-4 trips per year. Possible international travel required.
BS Degree in an Engineering or Technical field
Preferred Education and Experience
- BS Degree in an Engineering or Technical field
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Die Design/Modification in a metal stamping environment
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must have valid working documents to work in the United States.
Must be able to obtain a valid passport.