M Cubed, a division of II-VI Incorporated, is a globally recognized market leader, delivering unique material solutions and precision performance products to some of the world's fastest growing industries. Our advanced material solutions (ceramics, metal matrix composites) are complimented with vertically integrated manufacturing processes that deliver ultra-precision products at the sub-micron level.
Basic Function of the Job:
Develop and implement optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. Recommend and implement improvements to production processes, methods and controls. Support manufacturing launch for new or revised products and/or processes. Establish standard operating procedures and work instructions for current or newly improved processes.
- B.S. degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or a minimum of 10 years of equivalent work experience.
- Technical writing for standard operating procedures.
- Experience with machine tools and fixture design.
- Highly proficient in CAD/CAM applications.
- Hands on Experience with CNC machine programming.
- Significant experience with ProE.
- Knowledge of advanced ceramic processing and/or metal matrix composite processing techniques.
- Knowledge of composite materials
- Experience with problem analysis and resolution
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results independently or working with others
- Ability to recommend and implement improvements
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with networked PC based computer system (MS Office, spreadsheets, access, graphics, Email, MRP systems, and accounting software)
- Project Management: ability to organize and manage multiple products through manufacturing process.
- Quality orientation and high attention to detail.
- Ability to work with vendors, customers and employees.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with ISO, 5S, and other quality management systems, as appropriate
- Keen interest in quickly learning and applying new skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities involving external and internal priorities
- Ability to excel in a cross-organizational, cross cultural, global team environment
- Handle special assignments promptly and professionally
- Set a high standard of ethics, professionalism, leadership, and competency