- Plans, designs, and implements manufacturing processes and improvements in a Hydro-Mechanical factory.
- Maximizes efficiency by analyzing layout of equipment, workflow, assembly methods, and work force utilization.
- Determines parts and tools needed in order to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specifications and needs.
- Analyze manufacturing process flows continually for improvements of safety, quality, cost reduction, and throughput
- Partner with Sustaining Engineering to improve manufacturability of products and collaborate with configuration management for the timely release of required documents
- Consult with vendors in evaluating solutions for meeting product specifications and quality standards and specifications.
- Identify and troubleshoot equipment and processes that are negatively impacting ability to achieve defined KPIs
- Train and certify equipment operators
- Sit on the Material Review board, assess and disposition non-conformances, conduct failure analysis, root cause analysis, and provide corrective action
- Review new designs and provide Design for Manufacturing input to Design Engineering
- Develop process documentation for New assembly and test processes and existing product
- Evaluate and justify purchase of new capital equipment
- Qualify, document, and implement new process equipment
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing, or Science area of study required
- Five (5) years' experience in an Engineering/Manufacturing environment in areas: mechanical assembly, machining, grinding, lapping with fine tolerance parts experience
- Strong communication, organizational and oral presentation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft/PC applications (e.g. MS Excel, MS Office, MS Access, Powerpoint)
- Enthusiastic, cooperative, and positive behavior
- AutoCAD capabilities strongly preferred for Mechanical manufacturing areas
- Lean, Continuous Improvement, and/or Operational Excellence experiencepreferred
- Project management capabilities preferred
- Technical writing skills preferred
Key Performance Indicators:
- Year-over-year (YOY) productivity improvements
- Direct Labor Variance Reduction
- MRB reduction
- Customer return reduction
- Capital Project timelines
- Must be a US Person under International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) to be eligible.
About Crane Aerospace & Electronics:
Crane Aerospace & Electronics combines the experience of long-time industry leaders to supply critical systems and components to the aerospace and defense markets. Our products are found in some of the most demanding environments, from engines to landing gears, from satellites to medical implants, and from missiles to unmanned aerial systems.
We are committed to operational excellence and world class processes. We employ Lean manufacturing techniques to optimize manufacturing efficiency and accuracy on all product lines. Our products are known for their technical strength, proven reliability and overall value.