Job Description: EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading, PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored DC power products. We continue to grow in our industry by ensuring all employees possess the following core competencies: customer focused, team player, engaged, ethical, strong communication skills, and works safely.
Design and implement low-cost, right sized automation solutions that align with key lean principles. Plan and improve production methods; estimate production times to meet production goals. Develop innovative automation solutions that augment, support and improve assembly and manufacturing operations, with an emphasis on laser welding. Act as manufacturing laser welding process expert to drive process and product design improvements. Provide results driven technical support in all manufacturing functions. As a member of the EnerSys team, you will conduct business according to the details of your job description and the employee manual, with a commitment to continuous improvement and respect for people.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish improvement goals and objectives that provide world-class performance to the organization. Establish and track meaningful reports & measurements. Ensure proper execution through the use of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and metrics.
- Oversee and direct the manufacture of products and process optimization. Analyze product and material flow, cycle times, and quality for process improvements.
- Research, evaluate, develop and implement new manufacturing methods and equipment to provide world-class manufacturing capability and competence. This includes low cost, right sized automation and laser welding.
- Coordinate and communicate with other department representatives to ensure manufacturing activities are aligned to achieve the schedule, fulfill sales orders, meet inventory requirements, ensure on-time delivery, and meet or exceed customer requirements and business goals.
- Develop, update, and implement operating and quality control procedures, and ensure they are met. Ensure established procedures and processes are followed. Proactively lead the manufacturing engineering team to continuously improve processes and procedures.
- Research and develop information system solutions, control systems, and testing methods to improve production data collection, provide process automation and error proofing, and enhance data reporting.
- Provide guidance to engineering regarding product structure of new and existing products to ensure proper routing and flow through production. Prepare and review ECOs and BOMs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field.
- Minimum five years of direct manufacturing experience designing and implementing automated and semi-automated manufacturing equipment. 3D Solid modeling in SolidWorks or similar technology,
- Experience/background with laser manufacturing systems or laser system development in a manufacturing scenario. Laser welding experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in process improvement initiatives including DOE.
- Deep understanding of Lean manufacturing, ISO procedures, and mechanical/electrical assembly preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with operating internal /external software systems at an advanced level not limited to: Word, creating Excel spreadsheets, graphs and charts, SharePoint, Visio, preparing presentations and using statistical software to analyze and interpret process data.
- In depth knowledge of ERP/MRP systems (SAP), control systems, Bartender, electrical testing and troubleshooting, etc.
- Strong multi-tasking, attention to detail, written, verbal, and presentation skills required.
General Job Requirements
EnerSys provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. EEO/M/F/Vets/Disabled