Bush Hog is one of the most recognized and successful names in the Agricultural Market. The Manufacturing Engineer III is a key position in the Company and will support and contribute to the company goals of profitability, return on investment, inventory turnover and accident prevention. The Manufacturing Engineer III, under minimum supervision, will determine the most cost effective processes, methods, systems, tooling, equipment and plant layout to be used to manufacture Bush Hog products. Adapt and implement procedures to evaluate labor and operating costs for compliance with standards and stated cost objectives. Develop short and long term manufacturing strategies and capital requirements, and actively implements the development and introduction of new products.
Core Competencies for this position include:
- Leading Change/Change Management
- Leading People/Teamwork
- Business Acumen
- Results Driven
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Focus, communicate, encourage and contribute to Safety in all aspects of the job and all company meetings.
- Implement manufacturing techniques and processes J.I.T. (Just in Time), Continuous Flow, Kanban, Manufacturing Cells, etc. that will reduce manufacturing labor costs, product through-put time, W.I.P. (Work in Progress), inventory levels and overall manufacturing operating cost, while striving to meet production and cost goals.
- Develop and implement manufacturing systems and operating procedures to support and enhance manufacturing techniques and processes.
- Train supervisors and support personnel in new and updated production processes as it relates to equipment; to reduce manufacturing cost and lead times by using Lean manufacturing techniques.
- Continually develop and upgrade manufacturing labor standards affecting efficiency, utilization and productivity for producing product in plant. Review routings to ensure compliance with product cost levels; update as needed.
- Create and update documentation for manufacturing processes including work instructions and manufacturing routers.
- Evaluate and recommend plant layout changes and modifications to enhance space utilization.
- Develop short and long term manufacturing strategies and objectives to include capital equipment.
- Develop and execute plan to drive future state of company goals.
- Actively participate in the development of new products to ensure compliance with manufacturing and processing strategies, product quality objectives, implementation dates and product cost goals.
- Perform all other duties assigned by Supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's):
- Knowledge of techniques such as J.I.T., Continuous Flow Manufacturing, Kanban, Manufacturing Cells, etc. required.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to communicate with various levels within the organization.
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities.
- Computer software, data entry, data retrieval and data analysis skills required.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills required.
- Able to work overtime, weekends and/or holidays as required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Industrial Technology, or a related technical field.
- 5+ years experience in a related manufacturing environment required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires frequent sitting for extended periods, standing and walking in and throughout the plant/manufacturing environment, occasional bending, stooping and lifting required, able to work in non-climate controlled manufacturing environment as needed, able to work overtime to compete projects as needed and able to travel when required.