Our client is growing and needs to add another Manufacturing Engineer II to their staff. They are best known for making hydraulic components and systems. This is a dynamic company and a leader in their industry. This position is located in a suburb of Milwaukee and offers a great quality of life and has excellent career advancement opportunities. This position reports to the Manufacturing Manager.
- Provide project leadership of automation equipment - typically new product lines or improvements of existing product lines.
- Develop and Implement New Manufacturing Processes.
- Maximize Operations Production and Efficiency.
- Upgrade Material and Equipment.
- Build Relationships with Qualified Automation Houses, Suppliers and Vendors
- Demonstrate Project Management and Technical Expertise.
- Collaborate with Other Departments.
- Support or implement continuous improvement philosophies and techniques.
- BS Degree in Manufacturing or Machine Design Engineering required.
- Experience designing and building automated equipment used in automation in manufacturing and continuous improvement methodologies (lean manufacturing, six sigma, etc.).
- Experience working with and purchasing from vendors and suppliers to build custom assembly lines preferably in the automotive industry.
- Working knowledge of Solidworks, Gage R&R, , AutoCAD, Lean, Six Sigma and Microsoft Office Products - PLC programming a plus.
- Effective problem solving, judgment, and independent thinking skills for troubleshooting, repair, and recognition of acceptable or unacceptable product quality.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with other functional areas.
- Strong oral, written and listening communication skills.
- Able to handle frequent interruptions, meet tight deadlines, and handle conflict in an effective manner.
- Experience with robotics used in automation and assembly lines.
- Position will require 30%+ travel, domestic and international, depends on the projects and be authorized to work in the United States.
The company offers a comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary and a bonus program based on profits and personal performance. They prefer local candidates, but may assist with normal relocation expenses. Sorry, no visa sponsorship is available.