Duties and responsibilities:
- Directly support Sullair’s Manufacturing under the supervision of the Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
- Study and improve manufacturing processes and procedures aimed at lowering manufacturing costs.
- Support both the tactical and strategic goals and objectives through the implementation of lean principles of manufacturing, i.e., 6S, 5Why, Kaizan, VSM, etc.
- Creation of documentation and improvement of manufacturing methods, implementation of capital equipment and advancement of manufacturing technology throughout Operations.
- Tool selection and procurement.
- Process plans, tool design, gage planning, and troubleshooting of processes.
- Cost estimates, time standards, technical support of shop floor.
- Specification, justification and implementation of capital equipment.
- Develop floor layouts for existing and future project/processes in AutoCAD.
- Develop designs for returnable racks, fixtures and tools.
- Participate and lead root cause analysis of quality and build issues for assigned manufacturing areas of responsibility.
- Participate in new product launch by working hand in hand with NPD team for all new launches.
- Plan the sequence of operations and write/maintain Work Center Instructions for each area.
- Provide make-versus-buy analyses on products and processes.
- Perform capacity and factory layout analyses to meet business demand.
- Participate in and conduct Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) On the Fly as required to detect and correct potential safety issues on the shop floor.
- Audit and approve ECOs for new product and for current product and process.
- Provide direction and mentoring to the ME and ME interns.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or Industrial Engineering
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in manufacturing preferred
- 10 years+ experience in manufacturing or related field to qualify for a senior level role
- Exposure to engineering change order documentation and qualification for operations
- Knowledge of manufacturing concepts
- Demonstrate strong abilities in Lean Manufacturing concepts and techniques (Lean tools; Value Stream Mapping, 5S, Kaizan, DMAIC, etc.
- 6 Sigma Green/Black belt certification a plus
- Process Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (PFMEA) and Design for Manufacturing (DFM) exposure
- Strong Experience in CAD/CAM (Desirable UG/NX)
- Familiar with Team Center
- Solid Line Balancing/Precision assembly in a manufacturing environment
- Operations experience a plus
- Project management experience is a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft, Word & Excel
- Good analytical skills; should be detail-oriented
- Ability to adapt & implement modern technology quickly
- Flexible with hours to support operation and new product launches
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal) required
- Strong leadership skills required
- Strong computer skills required
- Ability to work in a team and meet deadlines
- Candidate must be self -directed, a self -starter and be able to multi-task and prioritize
- Enthusiastic, cooperative, and positive behavior