- The person filling this position will lead industrial engineering related activities on programs and prototypes for avionics, ground and space applications. The type of hardware produced at this Harris location is often complex, prototype circuit card assemblies and higher level module assemblies.
- Responsibilities include:
- Lead and/or support manufacturing of circuit card assemblies and/or chassis including measuring cost and schedule performance
- Interfacing with design engineers to ensure hardware produceability developing build strategies
- Planning and requesting manpower/equipment/process resources
- Generating assembly documentation and directing support personnel in the day-to-day execution of the manufacturing tasks.
- Design and develop manufacturing and engineering tools, strategies and systems.
- Lead lean manufacturing efforts to improve efficiency, reduce waste and ultimately reduce cost.
- Manufacturing Readiness Reviews by program
- Facilities and layout optimization/planning
- Leading and teaching lean tools and implementation
- 5S+1, Value Stream Mapping, Root Cause Corrective Action, Process Mapping, Fishbone Analysis, FMEAs
- Bachelor's Degree in industrial engineering or related field with minimum of 10 years industry experience, or equivalent.
- Active TS/SCI clearance required.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- A minimum of 8 years of hands-on experience with high reliability electronic assembly processes for SMT CCAs
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in applying best practice FMEA/DFMA/DTC methodologies, leading Kaizen events, implementing root cause corrective action analysis and lean manufacturing techniques.
- Thorough understanding and broad application of Industrial Engineering technical standards, principles, theories, and techniques
- Ability to provide technical solutions to a range of challenging problems with creative, practical solutions that are consistent with organizational objectives
- Capable of working under minimal or no supervision and presents work upon completion for review of technical judgment and overall adequacy
- Prior experience with owning cost and schedule performance for manufacturing
- Background in the manufacturing of circuit cards and chassis for high reliability military and government systems is preferred.
- Background in the development/LRIP manufacturing efforts is preferred.
- Background in developing manufacturing processes and transferring such to production is preferred.
- Good communication skills including the ability to deliver effective presentations to peers, management and customers are preferred
- Demonstrated ability to find root cause of manufacturing process problems, workmanship defects, mechanical test failures, etc. is preferred.
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt preferred.
Job ID: SIS20182905-24987