Grand Haven, MI
A manufacturing company in Grand Haven, Michigan, is seeking a qualified Manufacturing Engineer with proven experience improving the manufacturing of products and processes used. Candidates must offer extensive machining experience to support CNCs, grinding operations, robotics and other machining centers. Required is experience working in automated, robotic, manufacturing within IATF 16959 environment. This is a permanent job position; direct-hire with company.
Top Reason to Work with Us?
- Innovative products within this company's market segment
- Global company that is yet small enough to know YOU
What is in it for you as a Manufacturing Engineer?
- Competitive salary based on the experience and skills you offer
- Medical, Dental & Vision Dental Benefits; Health Savings Account, Company-paid Life Insurance and Short and Long-term Disability, PTO, Sick Leave, 8 Holidays, Bonus Options, Profit Sharing, 401K, Tuition Reimbursement
What will you be doing as a Manufacturing Engineer?
- Develop new manufacturing lines by analyzing, selecting and leading in procurement of equipment, materials, and parts to support these lines (CNC fixtures, press stations, robotic end of arm tooling, laser marking, and pick and place units)
- Create, implement, modify and optimize manufacturing processes
- Select develop and test tooling in conjunction with tooling manufacturers
- Participate with other team members to launch new products and improve manufacturing processes of existing products; this includes new technology testing and evaluation, feasibility studies, capacity analysis, and routing determination
- Manage the Advanced Product Quality Planning Process (APQP), which includes the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) to meet customer deadlines
- Lead the design, development, and improvement of manufacturing processes
- Train appropriate process stakeholders in new or improved process requirements
- Train employees
- Complete all tasks accurately and on time, including specifying, developing, validating, and installing new equipment and tools; performing failure modes and effects analysis; developing process control plans and process flow diagrams; designing parts or fixtures; creating manufacturing cell layouts; drafting CAD/CAM (Solidworks or AutoCAD) drawings; programming gages and machine tools; and specifying materials and outside processes
- Assist sales team with engineering support, including preparing estimates, quotes, and schedules
- Complete corrective action reports in a timely manner
What do you need for this position as a Manufacturing Engineer?
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering, or closely related field
- 5+ years of experiencesupporting CNC lathe, machining center, or grinder operations as an engineer
- Experience with automated manufacturing lines
- Excellent software skills, including CAD/CAM systems (SolidWorks or AutoCADpreferred), MS Office, ERP systems
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills