To design and develop cutting edge automation equipment, detailing the requirements and specifications, leading to the fabrication of equipment/automation cells and installation.
- Demonstrate ability to lead the technical efforts of teams engaged in complex multidisciplinary technological development.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally with all disciplines involved in specifying and engineering complex mechatronics products
- Ability to lead and contribute during all phases of the project from initial concept to production ramp.
- High tolerance for ambiguity and ability to turn broad program objectives into actionable design initiatives.
- Strong 3D CAD skills
- Analytic problem solving skills, including knowledge of 8D, Six Sigma, DOE or similar disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience developing high volume, low cost precision mechanisms (including mechatronics).
- Engineering (especially mechanism) simulation experience.
- Demonstrated designexperience in developing and integrating I/O devices which may include and beappliedto
- End of arm tooling
- High speed pick and place automation
- Position sensors
- Material handling
- Fluid dispensing
- Vision systems
- BS Mechatronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, ElectricalEngineering or Electronic Engineering.
- Minimum 5years related experience in a technology based industry, where automated assembly techniques are utilized.
- IndustrialEngineeringexperience working in high-volume assembly processes.
- Knowledge of automated equipment systems and tools - robotic, vision, material handling, Conveyors, PLC, HMI, etc.
- Travelrequired – 10%