Due to growth, hiring a manufacturing engineer for our client. Tier 1 Automotive supplier. Nonunion facility.
- Active involvement as manufacturing engineering technical representative with corporate Sales, Program Management, Product Development, and Purchasing.
- Active involvement in the creation and participation customer technical presentations.
- Active involvement in customer quote and product change systems.
- Interprets customer needs into a robust, low cost manufacturing solution in conjunction with engineering staff and suppliers.
- Actively search for new manufacturing technologies. Technologies to include but are not limited to machining, welding, gear/spline manufacturing, heat treating, assembly, and all aspects of automation.
- Aggressively evaluate and report on all manufacturing opportunities that will contribute to the company’s goals and objectives.
- Estimates manpower needs and schedules work to meet completion dates.
- Assist in preparation, implementation, and integration of complex facility plans based on forecasted needs of the business.
- Assist in the preparation or prepare investment and expense budgets for addition, modification, replacement, or disposal of facilities/equipment or process related projects.
- Prepare plant layouts and determine footprint, manufacturing, and logistics systems related to the needs of the business.
- Active involvement in plant prototype development and management meeting or exceeding customer delivery and documentation requirements.
- Active involvement in new product launches and provides subsequent support to plant Launch Manager and plant Program Manager.
- Reviews progress and evaluates results; makes changes in methods, design or equipment where necessary; devises new approaches to problems encountered.
- Maintains regular contact with plant manufacturing operations and supports DFMEA/PFMEA activities.
- Active involvement in plant manufacturing engineering related continuous improvement activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering or related field.
- 5 – 10 years experience in related engineering disciplines, project management, and cost estimating.
- Experience with high-volume, automated machining and assembly manufacturing processes.
- Experience with quality metrics and applicable quality related process equipment.
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of manufacturing process development experience.
- Experience with CAD design software. Facility and process layout for technical presentation creation.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, strong presentation, interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Must be able to work as a team player as well as a self-starter to get job done.
- Working knowledge of TS-16949, SPC, GD&T and automotive manufacturing requirements.
- Must have good problem solving skills ( Six Sigma, Shanin, etc … )
- Exceptional computer (MS Office and MS Project) skills.
- Good program / project management skills.
- Good analytical skills.