Are you a Manufacturing Engineer who wants to be a "big fish in a small pond?" Are you a Manufacturing Engineer who enjoys working with an engineered product in a CNC Machining environment? Are you a Manufacturing Engineer who wants to be part of non automotive company that has steady growth? If you can answer yes to these questions, then this is a position you will want to consider.
Our client is a privately held non-union manufacturer of power transmission products who is entering new markets as well as winning business from its competitors. Our client's OEM product applications are used in the following industries: aerial lift, construction, agriculture, auger, and forestry. Additionally our client has a strong aftermarket focus which targets high performance vehicles Our client is beginning a search for a Manufacturing Engineer who will play a key role in our client's growth, as many new products are being prototyped.
As a Manufacturing Engineer (ME), you will assist others in the initiation and direction of engineering projects to determine the most practical means in converting raw material into a finished product. You will also support production supervision to achieve efficient use of production manpower by improving the utilization of tooling and equipment while maintaining product quality to meet and exceed customer needs at competitive costs.
Specific Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all processes and actions provide for a safe work environment for all Company employee’s and visitors.
- Analyze part prints and develop CNC machine programs to yield a quality part. Determine the most efficient sequence of operations, and control the content of operational sheet changes based on Product Engineering specifications and document in product specifications. Specifications are to include information regarding machines, tools, and gages to be used for machining and inspection operations on forgings, castings, and bar stock.
- Prepare operational sheets and routings as required for new parts in a timely manner to Company standards.
- Check and approve machine processes prior to establishing production rates.
- Drive continuous improvement based upon Lean Principles. Participate in Leanevents and teams.
- Utilize CAR’s, the PFMEA process as error proofing methods for preventive actions to minimize future problems.
- Knowledgeable with SPC practices and performing capability studies.
- Recommend design changes in order to obtain maximum use of existing tooling, or more economical methods of manufacturing. Request new tooling from tool design for those operations where existing tooling is not appropriate.
- Coordinate layout changes and anticipated flow of material with manufacturing and facilities departments. Prepare equipment move orders as required.
- Communicate progress, projected completion dates, and results of all work being performed on special assignments and major projects by utilizing project management software and other computer software tools.
- Analyze prints and determine the most economical and practical methods of manufacturing a quality product, or recommend what equipment must be purchased to produce a new product when capability or capacity demands exceed the limitations of existing equipment.
- Maintain current knowledge of Company product line, materials, processes, and design techniques.
Qualifications - Education, Experience, Behaviors and/or Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant engineering discipline (Mechanical or Industrial). Associate's degree may be considered.
- Minimum of 5years’ experience in CNC Machining and programming of multi-axis lathes and machining centers
- Proficient in CNC machine programming using G-code and M-code.
- Proficient with 3-D CAD/CAM software and a strong understanding of GD&T.
- Strong CNC programming skillset on mills, lathes and mill/turn centers.
- Candidates with knowledge of FANUC Robots, gear-cutting processes such as hobbing, broaching, shaping, Heat Treat and assembly processes will gain top priority.
- An understanding of Lean manufacturing techniques such as Kaizan, 5S, Value Streaming Mapping and error proofing practices preferred.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively in problem solving and project management; professional approach with all team members as well as with suppliers and customers
- Demonstrated sense of urgency---Results oriented
- Solid communication skills
- Able to multi-task