Provide manufacturing support activities to the production, assembly and engineering functions within the department. Support the Set up production computer system and material data for new and existing products in the SMS production area.
- Support Prototype, Pre-Production and Production manufacturing methods, training and process validation
- Create detailed work instructions, visual aides and process routings to maintain acceptable production productivity and quality standards.
- Provide computer aided designs (CAD), and /or purchase (make vs Buy decisions), For production and assembly tooling using available CAD software.
- Estimate production and assembly set up and run times, material costs, and perform time and motion studies to provide cost analyses and feedback to management.
- Setup „ cell type" manufacturing to minimize setup time and to facilitate increased assembly reaction time to meet customer needs.
- Provide concurrent/simultaneous engineering/design for manufacturing support with Engineering department including design reviews,design changes,shop floor problems.etc.
- Maintain production master data, BOM and Routings
- Makes changes to production master data as required via the Festo change management system
- Prepares and coordinates new product assembly release
- Designs and builds assembly benches, fixtures and kanban racks
- Determines kanban supply areas and bin sizes for kanban storage.
- Supports Festo Value production and the knowledge network teams with in the Festo organization.
- Supports material control with new product data set up and suggest initial order quantities.
- Assisst in the set up of machines and equipment with in the assigned production area.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for production and process chnages.
- Supports continuous improvement and shop cleanliness utilizing the 6S method.
- Ensure all drawings are at the correct revision level at machine locations.
- Prepare and/or review production work instructions as required to ensure manufacturing specifications are met.
- Ensures proper methods are utilized in the assembly process to meet manufacturing specifications.
- National and International travel may be required by any mode of transportation as determined by the company for business reasons such as, but not limited to,skill development, training or a company business event. This would include travel to and from Festo Germany, Corporate Headquarters/Regional (field) offices.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelors or Technical degree from Four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five years related experience and/or training.
- Familiar with metal materials specifications and applicable DIN and/or ANSI standards.
- Knowledge of machine practices and safety standards. Knowledge of CAD.
- Familiar with estimating and cost calculation of production methods.
- Familiar with metal materials specifications and applicable DIN and/or ANSI.
- Knowledge of basic machine practices and safety standards.
- Ability to use computer and word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Knowledge of measuring equipment and machine tools.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.