MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and support sheet metal fabrication processes including lasers, press brakes, stamping and/or tube bending.
- Specify and purchase required tooling and equipment needed to fabricate metal components.
- Implementation of customer focused process/product improvements.
- Utilize proven lean manufacturing based analytical and troubleshooting / problem-solving abilities to identify opportunities for cost reduction, lead-time reduction, inventory reduction and quality improvement while improving employee safety.
- Collect and analyze data to identify root cause of problem and then implement a solution
- Key member on project development/implementation team for new products and process improve existing products as assigned. This includes the development of floor plan layouts, cost justifying new and/or used equipment, documentation and troubleshooting of new and existing processes, and responding to floor issues as required ensuring productive flow on our lines.
- Develop safe processes and monitor existing processes to ensure the safety of our production associates.
- Perform independent work to ensure that poka-yoke techniques are employed during the product and process design phases and as a means to address quality issues.
- Develop customer quotations without assistance
- Develop documentation for new and current product to include engineering drawings, specifications, JES’s, set up instructions, quality checklists, BOMs, Routings, Estimates, etc.
- Review customer requirements; perform general calculations and make layouts to assure accuracy and compliance to customer specifications.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
A bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Mechanical or Manufacturing engineering or appropriate technical education.
- 5+ yrs. experience in metal fabrication including sawing, shearing, laser cutting, turret punching, press brake bending, stamping and/or tube bending.
- Experience with task management, product design, CNC programming, process improvement, or problem solving.
- Additional experience with welding, paint and assembly a plus.
- Able to review part designs to determine manufacturing process, potential problem areas and expected tooling.
- Able to work with minimum supervision and complete projects on schedule
- Technical problem solving using a variety of tools including 3D Cad systems, geometric tolerance, 8D, basic MS Office Suite, cost analysis, lean manufacturing, time and motion study, and print reading
- Communication must be open, honest, clear and constructive
- Ability to successfully interface with customers or suppliers
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills