This position is for a Diffusion Bonding / Plating Manufacturing Engineer in the Large Gas Turbine manufacturing of Combustion Components. The successful candidate will be working with a team of manufacturing and design engineers, the metrology group, and interfacing with shop floor personnel to create robust manufacturing processes and develop new technology to improve efficiency and reliability of the hot gas path parts.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the technology of a diffusion bonding process, including the plating line, material preparation, laser cutting, and parameter control. The position will also be responsible for documentation of standard processes, personnel instructions, fixture design, and operator training on the use of the equipment. Critical features of this job include working with Design Engineering on new product development, design of parameters and geometry on new product. Running the actual equipment, if required particularly during process development, will be necessary.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or related field
· 5+ years of manufacturing experience
· 3+ years of experience with bonding/plating
· Basic computer skills, Microsoft, SAP, CAD.
· Strong Attention to detail
· Focus on quality and continuous improvement
· Record keeping of tests and changes for qualifications and approval process
· Ability to interpret complex blueprints and specifications
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
· Knowledge of robotic programming
· Fixture design.
· Basic statistics.
· Lean manufacturing experience.
· Familiarity with materials lab analysis and results interpretation
· Project management
Requisition Number: 221532