Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Davenport, IA
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- Plans, coordinates and performs manufacturing engineering work for a project or process of moderate scope or for a significant portion of a major and diverse project or process.
- May assign, coordinate and review portions of the work to support personnel, including contractors.
- Decisions are made within established guidelines and may be reviewed by others.
- Duties: Establishes routings, methods, layouts, tools, costs, methods documentation, quality plans and labor standards for revisions to current operations and/or new parts or programs of moderate scope.
- Provides support and trouble shooting for current operations.
- Investigates, gathers and analyze data and implement solutions.
- Innovates and implements cost reduction, quality, safety and ergonomic improvement ideas of moderate scope.
- Applies electronic tools across a broad range of applications, including e-builds, modeling and simulations.
- Develops and implements plans to support lean manufacturing through the Deere Production System of moderate scope. Designs operations layouts.
- Improves material flow and material presentation.
- Leads team studies related to capacity, energy, productivity and efficiency of moderate scope.
- Leads analysis, development and implementation of new manufacturing processes and technology.
- Analyzes and makes modifications to existing performance pay plans; assists in development of baseline data for new performance pay plans.
?Required Skill Set:
- As a Contingent Assembly Manufacturing Engineer for John Deere Construction & Forestry in Davenport, IA, you will lead and actively participate in Continuous Improvement (CI).
In addition, you will:
- Improve Safety, Quality, Efficiency, and Delivery through data driven proactive projects.
- Improve departmental Raw in Process (RIP) and Point of Usage (POU) inventorylocations to facilitate part replenishment.
- Investigate quality issues, identify root causes, and implement corrective actions.
- Participate in PFMEA's and Control Plans.
- Apply mistake proofing methodology proactively to high risk processes and recurring quality nonconformance issues. ? Develop and modify Operator Method Sheets as required.
- Process Engineering Change Notifications using C-Projects.
- Support kitting through the use of SAP Cart. ? Develop and maintain Job Hazard Analyses to create awareness of safe and ergonomic work practices.
- Support Assembly & Manufacturing Execution System (AMES) and all manufacturing equipment in areas assigned.
- Implement 5-S into all areas of responsibility.
- Analyze, specify, procure, and implement production tooling and fixtures for new and existing processes.
- Support multi-functional Quality Improvement Teams tasked with improving overall assembly quality. What It Takes We need an excellent communicator, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelors degree in Engineering, Technology, or equivalent experience.
In addition, we require:
- 1-2 years of Manufacturing Engineering experience in a final assembly environment.
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement, Safety, and Ergonomics in Manufacturing.
- Proficiency in MS Office Ability and willingness to work off-shift hours. Ability and willingness to work overtime upon request.
A strong candidate will have:
- Proficiency in WPlanner, VisView, FactoryCAD, Pro-E, AutoCAD, ME SAP functions, and AMES (software programs).
- Small capital project management and implementation
- Tool and fixture design
- Six Sigma, Root Cause Analysis, and DMAIC
- Experience in Hydraulics and Mix Model Line Design, and Line Balancing
- Experience relationship building with UAW shop floor employees
- 3 years of Manufacturing Engineering experience.