We have an exceptional opportunity for a Manufacturing Process Engineer to join one a key client with 38+ years in the automotive aftermarket. This Dallas TX area plant manufactures components used in the heavy equipment / automotive / truck industry. If you are a hands-on engineer who loves spending time on the production floor to improve processes and remove waste then this is for you! You will review current and future manufacturing processes and develop projects that provide improved product quality and productivity. Training people on 5S methods to eliminate waste while developing a visual factory system is part of this task.
This exciting manufacturing role has a competitive compensation package with generous benefits that includes medical, dental, life insurance, 401k, vacation and holiday time, disability insurance and education reimbursement. This great role is located just south of Dallas TX.
- Process definition, improvement and documentation
- Prepare component drawings to support manufacturing
- Implement new product designs and work instructions
- Make changes and updates to bill of material as needed
- Support the implementation of engineering changes
- Develop new equipment, process and troubleshoot problem operations
- Support production in the development and implementation of prototype components
- Analyze proposed product specifications to determine feasibility of proposals
- Update and maintain product documentation
- Work to reduce WIP inventory.
- Reducing Life Cycle Costs
- Confer with necessary personnel to clarify or resolve production issues
- Establish and document efficient methods and processes
- Develop and maintain error-proofing methodologies to improve quality
- initiate actions to prevent occurrences of non-conforming product or process
- BOM Configuration
- BS Degree in an Engineering discipline
- 5+ years of relevant manufacturing experience with a preference for automotive parts experience
- Need a self starter who can demonstrate success in managing projects from cradle to grave
- Able to analyze and improve plant floor layouts or cell layouts
- Able to quickly identify waste in manufacturing processes and take action to eliminate it.
- Skilled in using tools such as, PFMEA's, 8D's, control plans or 5 whys.
- Must have a strong background using Visual Systems, Process Mapping, Value Stream Mapping, Lean Material Handling, Waste Elimination, Kanban, Kaizen and Toyota Production Systems
- Previous experience with training 5S and using kaizen events
- Experienced with using VA/VE, PPAP, APQP processes.
- Experienced working in a team environment.
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of people with a wide range of skills.
- Looking for a metrics driven, results-oriented self-starter.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Bilingual Spanish / English is a huge advantage
- Advanced education is a plus.
- Professional certifications, i.e. Green Belt, Black Belt and / training is a plus.