- Lead and manage development of full construction design (CD) packages from feasibility studies to city permit sets for large scale facility, building and infrastructure projects. Responsible for delivering high quality, detailed engineering designs that are very efficient in terms of both capital and operational costs.
- Provide technical expertise and resolve engineering issues identified during construction. This includes responding to submittals and RFI’s.
- Identify, assess capabilities and assist with consultant selection where needed. Provide direction and manage engineering consultants – Accountable for the quality and timeliness of consultant’s work
- Develop efficient standards and processes as a foundation for how the Construction Engineering team operates – expectation is to provide detail and precision in the design phase to identify and resolve issues ahead of construction.
- Ensure design compliance with applicable standards, policies, acts, regulations and codes.
- Directly lead and mentor engineers. Foster an environment where individuals flourish.
- Solve technically complex problems using fundamental, data driven methodologies.
- Lead research and development activities for new methods of construction
- Partner with and manage expectations between cross functional teams to ensure stakeholder engagement and satisfaction with the engineering solutions delivered.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor of Engineering or a related discipline
- 5+ years extensive engineering experience in a construction environment
- Detailed knowledge and experience in developing Construction Design packages
- Ability to follow general guidance
- Extraordinary communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to travel domestically as required
- Proficient in working with industry software packages