Our Values reflect who we are and how we work and we value our employees. At Comau LLC, our employees enjoy working in a highly innovative and safe working environment while performing challenging and meaningful work to build value -- driven solutions. Our positive relationships with our managers and co-workers allow us to take ownership and walk the talk. Our work culture encourages us to communicate openly, think innovatively, and act as a network. Employees are empowered to work with simplicity and efficiency. If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment oriented toward innovation and multiculturalism that offers real opportunities for growth and aims for excellence -- you are probably a great fit for our team!
A Manufacturing Engineer at Comau will be an expert in industrial production, who will be researching and developing methods to design, build, and ship various items. The manufacturing Engineer will also help plan on the position and location of equipment stationed on the build facility floor. A manufacturing engineer is continuously working on ways to improve worker safety, satisfaction and efficiencies. They develop and keep up to date the many Standard Operating Procedure Documents to accompany each step in the process of manufacturing Comau Products in our facilities and at our suppliers facilities.
- Evaluate existing manufacturing processes and workflows to identify areas that could benefit from changes and improvements.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by applying lean manufacturing principles, planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Apply working knowledge of product design and assembly to the manufacturing process.
- Create processes and procedures to help the company meet quality and budgetary goals as well as performance quotas.
- Involved with the Design and development of new products and product mock-ups alongside the creative team.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and cross-departmental meetings to ensure collaborating and cohesion.
- Devise new solutions to existing manufacturing problems.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; forecasting future requirements to drive make buy decisions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or IndustrialEngineeringpreferred
- 7+ years' mechanical design and quality control experience in product manufacturing
- Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- History of progressive responsibility a plus.
- Proficient with Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience with CAD programs a plus.
- Certification for Manufacturing Engineering: SME or ASQ Certification.
Req # 1700124