5 - 7 years experience • Automotive
This company was purchased from a large player in the automotive market. They retained a significant amount of the staff and have a strong customer base with recognized clients such as John Deere and Navistar.
Manufacture new and remanufactured diesel fuel injectors and turbochargers for OEMs and the aftermarket
#1 in all of the markets they serve
Product Development/Design, Prototypes, Testing and Validation
WHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS YOU:
- Chance to be part of a ground floor opportunity
- Group Health program options through Blue Cross Blue Shield, Optional Dental / Optional Vision Insurance
- Prescription Drug Benefits program through CVS/Caremark
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Company Paid Basic Life and AD&D
- Voluntary term life insurance available
- STD and LTD
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k with matching
- Holidays and Paid Vacation time
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
This position is responsible for the Assembly and/or Test Manufacturing Engineering of a specific product line. It is a hands-on role supporting the daily production needs of operations. Duties include high level trouble shooting of machine and product issues, training and mentoring technicians and associates, developing and managing new processes for product launches, and defining and implementing continuous improvement activities.
- Develop and define processes in Assembly, Test, and Operational Improvement
- Develop, write, and maintain process specific documentations including: control plans, PFMEAs, Operator Work Instructions, Preventative Maintenance Plans, Process Sheets.
- Able to provide high level trouble shooting support to maintenance and technicians, utilizing machine documentation, supplier contacts and sound problem solving techniques
- Work with Controls engineering to specify and debug code for automation
- Handle large data sets and provide reports in support of internal and external customer activities
- Work with cross functional teams including design, quality, purchasing, logistics and operations in support of current and new programs
- Work with external vendors and companies to define, select, deliver and qualify new solutions for the assembly and test process, using industry best practices
- Recommend modifications to fixtures & tools to support quality and continuous improvement exercises.
- Train and mentor manufacturing technicians, associates and coaches in process and product matters.
- Generate and maintain process performance metrics including (OEE, 3 panel & Production Efficiency)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4year college/ university plus 4 or more years production experience and at least 4 years manufacturing experience
- Experience with mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems
- Experience of common assembly and test techniques including: DC Torque drivers, Machine vision, press operations, Robotic Pick and place systems, leak testing, laser marking and welding
- Experience managing capital projects including specifying, selecting, runoff, installation, and release to production
- Use data to drive the decision making process utilizing tools such as six sigma, GR&R, 8D, and APQP
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects while providing day-today production support
- Ability to effectively communicate issues relating to production and projects including deadlines, quality concerns and line down time
- Kaizen, Continuous Improvement, 5S
- Automotive manufacturing experience preferred
- Turbo manufacturing experience preferred