We are looking for Manufacturing Engineer for our client in Chicago, IL
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Job Location: ??Chicago, IL
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- Always with safety in mind, develop and evaluate new processes and improve current process capabilities, efficiencies, and overall productivity in all areas of manufacturing in support of the Corporate QPS Strategy.
- Primary resource for supporting Company in its Lean transformation through the implementation of the Clients Lean programs and objectives.
- Measures and reports progress on an on-going basis using the site?s QPS Scorecard and site?s QPS Journey Assessment. Trains and develops associates in QPS methodology and tools to eliminate waste in manufacturing.
- Responsible for the implementation and training on new processes and new equipment, providing SWI?s with a focus on safety.
- Supports tooling and fixture control and management of revisions ensuring back-up processes are ready to go.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Compile, analyze, format and report the Industrial Metrics for Direct Labor Efficiency and Operational Ratio.
- Develop and maintain SWI?s for barcoding applications and use.
- Create and maintain routings and assist with maintaining standard costing to be current.
- Active participant in the ECRN process; review, reject/approval, and implementation.
- Having a bias for action in support of initiatives for timely completion of corrective actions.
- Standardizing packaging for cost effective solutions that satisfy needs for incoming and outgoing materials or product.
- Support initiatives in better controls for inventory and efficient cycle counts.
- Cost reductions and alternative material qualification.
- Tooling and fixture revision control, upgrades and maintenance program.
- Understand 5S initiative and at minimum be able to "co-lead" a 5S kaizen event.
- Understand Standard Work and at minimum be able to "co-lead" a Standard Work kaizen event.
- Must be able to develop a "Playbook" with limited supervision. Conduct general time studies.
- Use Process Capacity forms/tables. Build a Standard Combination Worksheet.
- Create an Operator Loading Chart. Put all together to create "executive summary" of playbook.
- Use video equipment as required to support functions.
- Must understand basic concepts of cellular, single piece flow, manufacturing design and have ability with limited training to design and construct flexible workstations.
- Attention to detail and follow up relative to event sustainability is critical.
- Investigate alternate processes of manufacture and technologies to ensure the most cost effective product is manufactured, emphasizing automation/mechanization to the maximum extent possible while coordinating with engineering department.
- Have sufficient lean background/knowledge to be able to meet all "kaizen leader" status requirements in 6months in lean tools determined by managing supervisor.
- Work well with all levels of the organization.
- Understand and work in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Oracle, CAD system(s).
- External contact: Material and equipment vendors (when applicable).
- Exhibits safe work habits adhering to all PPE and OSHA requirements for assigned area.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Knowledge & complete understanding and wide application of technical principle, theories, and concepts in the field of engineering and lean manufacturing.
- Problem Solving Provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
- Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Impact Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects.
- Liaisons Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts.
- Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
- Bachelor's engineering (Mechanical or Industrial or similar kind preferred) related field plus 5years minimum relevant experience. Must have worked with basic lean tools such as 5S, VSM, Visual Management, etc. Lean Manufacturing experience is required.
- A demonstrated understanding of Lean principles such as Value Stream Mapping, Just-in-Time, Demand Flow, Single Piece Flow, Five S, Visual Management, Total Productive Maintenance, Continuous Improvement Process, Kaizen, SPC and a certified Quality Systems program.
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Office, and CAD software required.
- Must possess strong mechanical aptitude, ability to use basic measuring tools, and hands-on capabilities to work on projects without supervision.
- Preferred knowledge with CNC programming with G-Code or Mazatrol.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical documents, and basic financialreports. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from internal and external customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Development software; Design software; Project Management software; Manufacturing software; Database software.
Certificates and Licenses:
- 6 Sigma black beltpreferred