Since its beginning over 48 years ago, CARDONE has grown from six employees into the largest privately-held automotive parts remanufacturer in the world. Headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, CARDONE is seeking an outstanding experienced Manufacturing Engineer to join our growing Innovations division. This is a dynamic opportunity for someone looking for growth.
Position Summary: Manufacturing Engineer
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in the automotive or industrial field, capable of managing their day to day tasks while working in a team environment, knowledgeable with Advanced Product Quality Planning, and experience in manufacturing process design. An interest in automotive products and applications is an asset.
The role offers an exciting opportunity, and a dream for automotive enthusiasts, to work in a secure and positive environment for a position critical to the future of this fast growing company. Our products are world recognized for their performance, innovation, value and quality.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing and cleaning processes
- Develops and improves workstation design and tooling
- Source and improve tooling, manufacturing equipment, and cleaning equipment
- Documents tools and tooling used at workstations in appropriate format
- Analyzes and plans bill of labor (BOL) and document processes in Standard Work form
- Performs and controls MOST analysis on the manufacturing processes and workflow and rebalances processes when necessary
- Analyzes and plans factory space requirements and equipment layout using CAD
- Oversees move plans and helps coordinate moves
- Responsible for creation of Equipment Profiles and Equipment Move Requests
- Works with vendors to determine product specifications and arranges for purchase of equipment, materials, & parts
- Supports the implementation and practices of Kaizen by organizing, training, and facilitating Kaizen events and follow up efforts
- Assists in the Value Stream Mapping Process and helps gather data
- Works cross-functionally to help solve problems related to manufacturing capabilities and production schedules
- Works with Quality Department to assist in the development of PFMEA's
- Incorporates product specifications into production processes in accordance to APQP elements of current Corporate Quality Standard (i.e.QS9000, ISO, TS)
- Adheres to all Environmental Compliance Guidelines
- Trains, develops, and manages ME Tech
- Works with the Safety Coordinator and Manufacturing leadership on corrective action for injuries/illnesses, including basic ergonomic assessment of workstations on both a pre & post injury/illness basis
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering degree
At least 5 years of related Engineering experience
- Proficient in Inventor, knowledge of AutoCAD
- Hands on experience
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Organized & attention to detail
- Positive Attitude
- Priority Setting
- Problem Solving
Some exposure to harsh conditions such as; dust, fumes, noise and varying temperatures for short periods of time is possible. This employee will be required to demonstrate continued knowledge of HAZCOM regulations and requirements. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
Adjust as necessary: Sitting, standing/walking. The physical demands as outlined above are representative of those that are meant to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.