Responsible for all technical support of the processes used to manufacture products. Must be a creative and proactive contributor to the engineering team. At all times drives continuous improvement through process development, root cause analysis and systematic problem solving, and metrics. Ownership of accounts from the quoting stage right through the day of shipment. Responsible for all engineering activities on each account and is the interface for internal/external customers.
- Interprets customer and technical specifications, drawings, engineering instructions, and fabrications.
- Quotes labor by evaluating the estimated cost vs. the actual cost of past production orders (repeat jobs) and corrects routing/traveler times and Bill of Materials to reflect data accurately.
- Creates and maintains routings/travelers, Bills of Material, drawings, operating procedures/ work instructions, and visual aids as required to process order.
- Incorporates customer’s change notices into manufacturing document and (peer) reviews engineering packages for signoff.
- Assists Process Engineers in determining optimum process performance by assisting with reflow profiles, wave solder profiles, screen printing of solder paste, designing and manufacturing of necessary tooling, and suggestions for design for manufacturing (DFM); leads group on programming SMT Equipment.
- Display manufacturing process (CCA) knowledge, by providing DIRECT production line support / troubleshooting, and problem solving.
- Acts as liaison and technical advisor between our program manager, customer and/or internal departments regarding: technical problems, coordinating schedule changes, material availability.
- Analyzes current processes and implements process improvements to reduce costs and/or increase quality. Evaluates scope of project and determines production labor and material requirements.
- Analyze Material Rejection Reports (“MRRs”) and process materials and investigate root cause and provide corrective actions for elimination of errors on future assembly builds.
- Monitor and interpret manufacturing defect data and quality trends for assigned products, correlating the RMA data by assembly to the yield by shop order; reviews manufacturing issues log; MRB, CAR’s. or other data to support quality and yields.
- Support and follow all ISO standards related Quality Management System
IPC 610 certification.
BS degree in ElectricalEngineering
5 plus years of experience in CCA Manufacturing