Job ID 2017-1088
The Manufacturing Engineer will plan, design, and implement production systems that assure safety, performance, reliability, maintainability, schedule adherence, cost control and quality assurance. The Manufacturing Engineer will strive to implement lean processes that increase productivity, reduce in-process inventory, increase quality, and generate overall continuous improvement of manufacturing and production support systems. The Manufacturing Engineer will provide support to the new product development process in order to insure that DFM principals are adhered to.
- Support day to day production operations by providing technical support for the Springfield Fabrication and Welding areas.
- Interface with Production, Quality, and Scheduling department to ensure we are meeting our customer manufacturing requirements.
- Support the production launch of new or updated products with Manufacturing Engineering group. This support will include DFM analysis to insure product manufacturability.
- Provide data analysis of scrap, machine down time, and productivity.
- Develop continuous improvement ideas and manage assigned continuous improvement projects from concept phase through completion.
- Provide manufacturing engineeringsupport for satellite manufacturing facilities.
- Assist with the development, design and implementation of lean manufacturing methods, tooling and process layouts as well as the generation and maintenance of manufacturing routings, and work instructions.
- Perform work measurement activities on new and existing processes in order to develop work methods and standards or cost estimates. Work measurement will be utilized to supportother position objectives as required.
- Generate and maintain plant layouts for use in improving overall plant productivity and reducing required in-process inventory levels.
- Manage assigned capital projects from concept phase through release to production.
- Perform make vs. buy analysis on new or existing products in order to determine the most economical means of production.
- Lead and/or participate on Quality and Continuous Improvement teams as assigned.
- Remain current on advancements in technology and introduce these advancements into our manufacturing facilities where cost justifiable.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
B.S. in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent degree) with 8+ years of experience in a sheet metal fabrication and/or assembly environment. Experience with new product development and production launch is also a plus.