Are you seeking a Career Opportunity that supports an exciting brand and offers personal growth? Bring your talent to the leader of marine engine propulsion systems!
Mercury Marine (a division of Brunswick Corporation, NYSE:BC) is the world leader in the manufacture of recreational marine propulsion engines. Employing Lean Six Sigma methodology, we have made lasting improvements in our products, processes, and service that have earned us J.D. Power Awards for Customer Satisfaction on both the Optimax 2-stroke and MerCruiser sterndrive power. Being the world leader doesn't happen by chance. It takes investment in leading edge technologies and top rated talent to create and maintain innovative product offerings that shape the future of marine propulsion. We are ready to make that investment in you!
Summary of Position:
The Manufacturing Engineer will focus on providing production support to continuously improve safety, quality and productivity results at our foundry in Fond du Lac.
What you will be doing in the role:
- Interact with customers to resolve customer issues and understand customer requirements
- Participate and assist continuous improvement activity related, but not limited, to ergonomics, ISO, Safety, 5S, and LeanSix Sigma
- Lead the PPAP process by developing, approving and authorizing all PPAP documents for new product and tool launches
- Implement customer product revisions by providing necessary changeovers in tooling, processes, and equipment and submit necessary prototypes for approval
- Implement and coordinate revisions and improvements to tooling according to customer and product specifications
- Implement cost reduction opportunities through tooling designs, part designs and production processes
- Investigate, recommend with cost justification, and procure the safest and most efficient equipment, tooling, and necessary vendor services to provide production with the necessary equipment to maintain and/or improve a process
What you bring to our dynamic team:
- Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field
- Knowledge of casting and secondary casting finishing processes
- Experience in manufacturing and/or production support environment
- Proficiency in MS office software, groupware programs and web-based applications
- Communication and interpersonal skills with a proven record to effectively participate as a member of a cross-functional team
Additional Qualifications Preferred:
- Working knowledge of tool design and tool making technology
- Ability to budget and forecast
- Five years' experience in aluminum die casting foundry related to casting process, new product development and/or tool design
- Team player who thrives in a foundry environment
Brunswick Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer (Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and protected veteran status.