As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for working closely with engineering design and company leadership to support all manufacturing efforts and production transition activities to build various spaceflight systems. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of the test and production for components and subsystems integrated on rocket launch vehicles and spacecraft. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention toward safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Support build & test for avionics, pneumatic and hydraulic components
- Evaluate and respond to demand
- Interpret design engineering requirements to create work instructions that direct touch-labor technicians
- Maintain documentation pedigree to support human capable flight
- Develop overall procedures for hardware assembly and test. make real-time adjustments as needed to deal with production issues
- Direct support of assembly and installation, compliance to engineering requirements, and resolution of supplier discrepancies
- Support the development of test equipment and tooling to aid in the completion of test
- Lead projects to eliminate waste, reduce time-to-iteration, and improve outcomes
- Use continuous improvement tools to reduce defects, cycle time, and waste
- Support tests, document data and communicate results
- Develop metrics to measure work center performance
- Establish, implement, and maintain quality system processes that support products within a production environment
- S. degree in engineering or physics discipline.
- 5+ years of demonstrated resourcefulness and execution within complex, rapidly-changing manufacturing environments.
- Project management skills consistent with leading a team including suppliers through the complex Production Transition phase.
- Familiarity with best practices regarding safety, the use of pneumatics, hydraulics, avionics, and cleanliness
- Possess and exhibits high judgement
- Excellent attention to detail and strong task ownership, someone who demonstrates pride in all work and willingness to perform low-level tasks when needed.
- Desire to work hands-on, both independently and as part of a team, throughout the development and production phases of the product life-cycle.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with ERP systems, work order creation/management, and BOM structures.
- Experience in both development and production environments.
- Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
- Hands-on experienceworking with avionics or fluid system components
- Experience and familiarity with fluid system component operation, including various types of valves, regulators, accumulators, meters and sensors.
- Experience with launch vehicle, aircraft, or spacecraft manufacturing and integration.
- Knowledge of systems engineering practices, manufacturing fabrication and assembly processes, and quality control
- Familiarity with common NDT methods, including visual, dye penetrant, ultrasound, x-ray, CT scan, Eddy Current, XRF scan
- Familiarity with surface finishes, coatings, seal geometries, materials, and applications.
- Familiarity with cleanliness levels best practices
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight.
- Experience with 3D CAD software, 2D and 3D engineering drawings
- Experience in small company, startup, or growth transition environments.
- Kaizen, Six Sigma, or related training.
Apply for this job onlineEmail this job to a friend Share on your newsfeed
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.