Position: Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Litchfield, MI
· Performs the manufacturing engineeringresponsibilities detailed below for the processes assigned per business division.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Launch new parts.
· Review and mark new prints and casting prints. Report results to sales, product development and suppliers.
· Review processes and rewrite to meet tolerance stacks, tooling and gauging requirements. Performs machine capability studies and authorizes release of equipment to manufacturing.
· Research production problems and improvements and leads implementation of solutions.
· Coordinates machine run-off of all new, rebuilt or significantly modified equipment.
· Coordinates development and issues purchase specifications for processing equipment. Supports automation installations and vendor selection.
· Maintains plant layout for assigned process area.
· Coordinates major machine re-trofits/upgrades including automation, fixturing changes, etc.
· Research needed equipment, obtain quotes, writes requisition and tracks receipt and order status. Maintain accounting records of RFA’s, customer P.O.s and all requisitions and company P.O.s
· Research and quote cost impacts for Proposed Change Requests (PCR).
· Responsible for developing and controlling machine set-up instruction for assigned process area. Set-up instructions relate to tool change procedures, fixture changeover, etc. (All product/process parameters setting are to be communicated in the Process Setup instructions, which are the responsibility of the manufacturing engineer.).
· Champions development of structured hands-on training programs for all processing equipment (new and existing). Responsible for the development of training programs that relates to the safe and effective operation of the processing equipment. Responsible for the development and control of standard operating instructions.
· Works with tooling specialists and product development engineers on the interface of the tooling with the equipment (i.e. die clamping).
· Monitors on-going performance of equipment by maintaining daily contact with manufacturing (i.e. crew managers, manufacturing team leaders, utility specialist) and periodically reviewing statistical performance with the quality engineer and develops and maintains machine production rates.
· Provides on-going manufacturing support by participating in problem solving, continuous improvement activity, customer corrective actions, customer driven engineering changes on the floor and Kaizen events as appropriate and is a member of the safety team.
· Works with quality engineers to develop process control plans and FMEA’s.
· Works with both internal and external equipment builders on the development, installation, runoff and training of new equipment related to their production line.
· Facilitates product line cell implementation whenever is applicable.
· In addition to the above responsibilities, this position is responsible for other tasks as assigned.
EDUCATION / WORK EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
· 3 – 5years engineeringexperience in the automotive industry and in machining preferred.
· Extensive working knowledge of MS Word, Powerpoint and Excel.
· Knowledgeable in the following:
· AIAG Measurement Systems Analysis.
· AIAG Production Parts Approval Process.
· AIAG Statistical Process Control.
· Working knowledge of GD&T, VA/VE and FMEA as it relates to automotive products.
· Knowledge of part function machining and gauging.
· Ability to work with a design.
· Knowledge of geometric dimensions and tolerencing.
· Trigonometry tolerance stack-up skill.
· Excellent problem solving and facilitation skills.
· ISO/TS 16949 / IATF 16949 awareness.
· Understands requirements of many jobs performed by the team.
· Assertive and flexible.
· Understands different decision making and problem solving techniques.
· Demonstrates ability to act with limited direction.
· Understands the system for procuring resources for the team.
· Demonstrates ability to get results through others.
· Strong listening and communication skills.
· Demonstrates ability to give both positive and negative feedback.
· Team player.