Appliesengineering theories and practices for the planning, designing, developing, and improving of machines, manufacturing processes, and finished products.
Candidate must have a strong manufacturing background with focus on metal removal processes and secondary operations. Candidate must be process oriented and familiar with APQP and Lean Manufacturing techniques. Candidate should be proficient with Solidworks and GD and T.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes but not limited to:
- Understanding and meeting customer requirements.
- Acquiring knowledge of latest related technology in manufacturing.
- Designing and developing machine, manufacturing, and assembly technology.
- Planning and coordinating improvements in all manufacturing related processes.
- Performing tolerance stack-ups to verify functional designs for assembly and customer compliance.
- Creating and updatingsupporting prints and documents.
- Promoting a team environment.
- Mentoring and training others.
- Communicating and acting on lessons learned.
- Support Corrective Actions.
- Supporting and developing supplier partnerships.
- Assuring safe and ergonomic work conditions.
- Execution of Deming’s PLAN DO CHECK ACT in every project.
- Performing data driven decision making.
- Preparing and delivering presentations as needed.
- Communicating effectively and professionally.
- Supporting and promoting Dapco’s quality system.
- Supporting production with overall problem solving.
- Supporting and implementing LEAN techniques to reduce waste.
3. SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM YOUR JOB:
- Manufacturing processes and equipment including but not limited to
- Screw Machines
- CNC lathes
- CNC Machining centers
- Heat treating
- Resistance Welding
- Hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Threads- Straight and Taper
- ASME Y14.5M and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Statistical Techniques including DOE and SPC
- Inspection Equipment and Gaging Methods
- Machine Design and Build
- Assembly Processes including testing and verification equipment
- MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint