This is an exciting opportunity to design new processes and redesign mature processes, working in a fast-paced, high-throughput LEAN manufacturing facility. Our products are used world-wide for ensuring quality and compliance in such areas as: consumer products, pharmaceuticals, drug testing, environmental monitoring, Homeland Security, forensics, and others.
At Agilent Technologies, we are looking for a skilled process Mechanical Engineer to provide design and engineering support for our exciting Chemical Analysis business as well as new lines of business currently in development. Located in Folsom California, this group is part of the Chemical Analysis Group. Agilent was named by the Strategic Directions International, Inc., Instrument Business Outlook, as the 2017 Company of the Year. Our chemical analysis business is an industry leader in both market share and performance and has a track record of innovation and operational excellence, and is building on this reputation and expanding into new lines of business. This is a high-visibility product line where you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to one of Agilent's key Consumables businesses. We are looking for a dynamic individual who has proven technical leadership abilities and soft skills to support the existing product line and design and deploy new production processes and equipment for new products.
Responsibilities will include:
- Designing, implementing, and supporting new processes.
- Aligning workflows with six sigma and lean ideologies
- Creating maintenance and calibration support plans for new and existing equipment.
- Working with chemists, other engineers, maintenance, and technicians to evolve production lines through the application of technical and lean manufacturing principles.
- Looking at overall production processes to ensure highefficiency and quality
- Supporting business goals by establishing technical projectobjectives aligned to meet the short- and long- term goals of new and existing product lines.
- Driving projects through all aspects of the design process
- Proactively coordinate with manufacturing and operations toidentify potential process, equipment and skill set inefficiencies.ScheduleFull-timeRequirementsRequired qualifications:
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent workexperience
- Minimum of 5 years' experience within mechanical and/or manufacturing engineering
- Experience designing/redesigning equipment to increase efficiency and product quality
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills
- Experience with automated and manual processes
- Demonstrated ability in: customer satisfaction, quality control and process management
- Knowledge and experienced in Lean/Six Sigma
- Experience designing/redesigning equipment layouts for highefficiency
- Demonstrated leadership skills in: Organization and planning; Judgment; Relationship Management, Conflict Prevention
- Excellent communication skills throughout all organizational levels.
- Ability to translate product performance, operator ergonomics and safety design requirements into design elements for new equipment improvements.
- Ability to present data and project status using typical software and presentation tools.
- Ability to work collaboratively with peers, partners, and in cross functional projects.
- Experience with precision machining
- Knowledge and experience with mechanical and light metrology
- Experience in chemical manufacturing environments
- Knowledgeable and Experienced in Lean/Six Sigma
- Skilled in computerized maintenance management systems
- Experienced with SolidWorks, SolidEdge, AutoCad, CoCreate or Siemens NX
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, MS Project, and Visio