- Develop and implement standardized processes focused on Lean manufacturing principles and industry leading best practices within North American Fabrication Departments. To include modeling systems for Capacity, Capability and Cost Analysis (make vs. buy)
- Manage process improvement projects to optimize overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) attainment and eliminate waste
- Directly support new product introduction (NPI) phase gate process on new product launches, as well as existing product improvement, and production impact scenarios
·Strong technical, process focused resource with a deep understanding in the development of standardized production processes/systems, Lean management techniques and principles.
- Must have the ability to assess current production methods/data sets, identify opportunities, and develop an organized improvement plan to align with production goals/metrics
·Able to identify, analyze, and develop practical solutions to ongoing process issues.
·Proven ability to oversee / manage multiple complex projects and cross functional resource teams
- Effective oral and written English communication skills
Required to possess the ability to resolve both routine and recurring problems, (the day to day issues). Also needs to have the ability to design processes / solutions to end the recurring issues. Must have the ability identify and work with key stakeholders to develop an acceptable solution for all.
NATURE OF IMPACT
Owns the comprehensive NA GSI fabrication roadmap for: Capacity / Capability planning, Standard Cost Model, NPI launches (operational focus) and the model which will reflect the impact to the NA GSI manufacturing footprint
Responsible for process to share “Best Practices” globally across all GSI sites. (operational process / equipment)
AREA OF IMPACT:
This position will impact all of the North American GSI manufacturing.
This person will have to have the ability to interact with all levels of individuals. With dealing directly to the shop floor employees / team leads to Senior VP’s / Directors within GSI and AGCO.
This position requires the ability to put a solid plan together and to have the ability to communicate it effectively to influence people
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE :
Indicate the qualifications and number of years experience required, including areas that are industry specific, education, technical, software etc.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or related field preferred
- Advanced knowledge in the development of standardized production processes and Lean management principles
- Five years equipment manufacturing experience (product engineeringexperiencepreferred)
·In-depth knowledge of Engineering documenation and MRP systems
·Comprehensive experience and knowledge of Product Manufacturing, Design, and Engineering in metal industry
- Proven track record in project management and structures to support
·Able to identify, analyze in a structured way and find practical solutions to ongoing process issues.
·Proven ability to oversee / manage multiple complex projects
·Have the capacity to convert functional process specifications into pilot and industrialized equipment to meet needs
- Effective oral and written English communication skills (2nd language preferred)