Cobham Mission Systems in Orchard Park NY is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer. The Manufacturing Engineer will support manufacturing cells of new and existing products. Responsible for managing process documents, tooling and fixturing for programs, driving continuous improvement utilizing Lean Six Sigma tools, performing ergonomic assessments and providing typical Manufacturing Engineering rigor required for Aerospace Industry product realization. This position is located in Orchard Park, NY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for Safety, Ergonomics, and Management of Change activity in support of site safety goals.
- Generate and revise Manufacturing Processes and Manufacturing Work Instructions
- Maintain tooling, gauging, and test equipment for mature production
- Drive First Pass Yield (FPY) and Overall Process Effectiveness (OPE) improvement
- Manage the creation of standard work and standard cycle times
- Provide timely support in resolving manufacturing issues
- Responsible for Work Cell Design, Integration and Validation
- Utilize Lean Six Sigma tools to reduce waste and variation in processes focused on improving KPIs
- Support 5S and visual management efforts in manufacturing areas
- Support Product Conformance and Configuration Control requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, technology, or operations
- Ability to read and interpret Engineering Drawings, Schematics, and Bills of Materials
- 3 years of experience in Developing and Supporting Electrical / Electro - mechanical product manufacture processes
- 3 years of experience in Developing and Sustaining Manufacturing Processes.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the role of Manufacturing Engineer
- Participation in Root Cause Problem Solving (RCPS)
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Experience in Electronic / Electrical product manufacture
- Leader in Lean manufacturing and Visual Control implementations
- Skilled in developing tooling used in the support of Assembly and Test of Electrical products
- Skilled in state of the Art Soldering, Wiring, Electrical Connectivity methodologies
- Experienced in Design for Manufacture and Assembly
- Leader of Continuous Improvement and root cause problem solving activities
- Ability to work in a multi project, team environment
- Organizational, communication, leadership, personal computing, performance management skills.