Manufacturing Project Engineer - Factory Strategic Initiatives: Coordinates and manages key manufacturing initiatives associated with the manufacturing value stream and operations. Comprehends and applies effective and efficient operational methodologies, standardized practices and procedures. Proactively develops projects and initiatives that support the business strategic vision, global synergies and alliances.
- Robust manufacturing, engineering, financial and analytical capabilities.
- Extensive manufacturing equipment and process design, development and proven ability to successful transition manufacturing projects.
- Proven appropriate application and knowledge of electric and electronic principles, circuitry, mechanical design, tooling, fixture, mistake proofing and testing equipment.
- Ability to lead and manage cross functional teams, across a large and global organization.
- Application of core engineering tools & principles, best in class manufacturing processes, advanced testing capabilities, manufacturing system tools and lessons learned to build world class manufacturing platform.
- Technical leadership through application of design for manufacturability, six sigma and failure mode effects analysis
- Leads, coordinates and develops disciplined processes for evaluation and execution of major projects; core vs. non-core processes, lean, facility flow, optimizes layout, safety, qualification, and risk management
- Hands-on engineering development, process design, applied application of shop floor automation, with proven successful execution and effective transition to operations.
- Conduct capacity analysis, work flow evaluation and process simulation to aid in developing automated processes that align with existing manufacturing operations
- Provides project management, coordination and manufacturing and product engineering expertise for major cost out and growth opportunities
- Competency to handle multiple and changing priorities.
- Provides project management, coordination and manufacturing engineering expertise for major cost out initiatives and growth opportunity projects
- Position primarily based in North America, supporting advanced Manufacturing Project Engineering initiatives across the Global Spirit Aerosystems organization.
Skills & Experience
- 9-13 years of experience with Bachelor’s Degree; Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology, or other approved technical degree. Master’s Degree considered beneficial.
- 7-11 years of experience with Masters of Science with
- 4-8 years of experience with PHD OR JD
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is not only desired but expected within two (2) years of position acceptance.
- 10 years minimum years of experience in manufacturing engineering and advanced manufacturing technologies. Firm understanding of manufacturing Automation ad its application to manufacturing processes.
- 10 years of experience with researching and designing new manufacturing methods
- 10 years of experience or knowledge of program control logic and assembly management systems.
- 10 years of demonstrated knowledge of technical and program management improvement processes, approaches and tools.
- 10 years of demonstrated application and training of Advanced Engineering and Project Management principles and disciplines.
- 10 years of experience with researching and designing new manufacturing methods.
- 10 years of experience with strong knowledge and application of lean manufacturing principles
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to lead, inspire culture of change, and deliver results.
- Requires travel up to 20% including; local and international locations.