Ways you'll make an impact:
- Perform root cause and corrective action on parts and processes that are not in control.
- Evaluate new and existing processes to ensure quality and safety of the job.
- Craft and maintain detailed manufacturing process instructions
- Develop and facilitate travelers and work instructions for new parts and assemblies as well as modifications to existing products.
- Establish time standards and consistently and continuously work towards implementing Least Waste Ways (LWW) Identify new equipment, tool designs, and processes to improve consistency, accuracy, and cycle times. Design tooling, fixtures and jigs to improve manufacturing.
- Write and/or contribute subject matter to justify capital equipment purchases. Participate in concurrent engineering to ensure new and legacy designs are “manufactureable” and that optimum processes, equipment, and tools are employed.
- Collaborate with development engineering to successfully transition new products to production. Participate in cost quotation process.
- Champion the use of SPC to measure capability, reduce variability, and overall improve the quality of the product.
- Drive and support Lean Manufacturing techniques in the shop including value stream mapping, cellular manufacturing, set-up time reduction, and overall waste reduction.
- Effectively use all process improvement strategies and techniques including Lean and Six Sigma to minimize waste and maximize economies.
- Execute special manufacturing-related projects as assigned and deliver objectives on time with robust solutions
What you offer:
- You possess a BS degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering with at least 10 years of hands-on manufacturing experience
- You have recently spent 5-10 years’ working with conventional and CNC mill/lathe, metal forming, investment casting, and injection and transfer moldings.
- You bring experiences from the automation and/or aerospace industry with a deep understanding of control systems
- You have detailed experience with electronic assembly solving problems
- You partner closely with design engineering, quality engineering and production personnel.
- You have taken multiple projects from concept to market
- You have accumulated 5000 hours using SolidWorks and are proficient in all Microsoft Office Applications.
- You have worked on automating processes/ systems and implemented lean manufacturing