Manufacturing Department Manager Pipeline
5 - 7 years experience • Business Services
Michelin is currently searching for a Manufacturing Department Manager at our Dothan, AL facility. The Manufacturing Department Manager has responsibility for a team of 2-5 business unit leaders (first level managers) in a 24-hour, 7-day per week manufacturing facility and has responsibility for meeting production, quality, and budget targets. After a training period of 12 to 18 months, the candidate would assume the following responsibilities.
- Establishes and manages daily priorities of the process and direct reports
- Ensures production and quality goals are met per the business plan
- Establishes and manages the budget
- Schedules employee training and assigns responsibilities to achieve timely progression to certification
- Monitors employee performance, appraisals and counsels employees toimprove their interpersonal skills and performance
- Provides team communication on business plan objectives and performance.
Michelin believes that a comprehensive benefits plan is an important component of its overall employee Total Rewards Program. A few highlights from theMichelin North America's Benefits Program:
- Healthcare: Major Medical and preventive care, Dental, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Supplemental Vision Plan
- Life Insurance: Group Term life, Short-Term and Long-Term disability
- Retirement and Savings Plan: Defined contribution retirement account, 401k savings plan with matching, 529 college savings plan
- Other Benefits: Ten paid holidays plus vacation, tuition reimbursement, free tires based on year of service, comprehensive relocation assistance
- BS degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering (preferred) or equivalent background
- 5+ years of increasing management or supervisory responsibility in a heavy manufacturing environment (automotive, chemical, pulp and paper, textile, etc.) or in a military environment
- Must have geographical flexibility to go where there is a business need.