Manufacturing Department Manager Pipeline
5 - 7 years experience • Business Services
Michelin is currently searching for a Manufacturing Department Manager at our Dothan, AL facility. The Manufacturing Department Manager has responsibility for a team of 2-5 business unit leaders (first level managers) in a 24-hour, 7-day per week manufacturing facility and has responsibility for meeting production, quality, and budget targets. After a training period of 12 to 18 months, the candidate would assume the following responsibilities.
- Establishes and manages daily priorities of the process and direct reports
- Ensures production and quality goals are met per the business plan
- Establishes and manages the budget
- Schedules employee training and assigns responsibilities to achieve timely progression to certification
- Monitors employee performance, appraisals and counsels employees to improve their interpersonal skills and performance
- Provides team communication on business plan objectives and performance.
Michelin believes that a comprehensive benefits plan is an important component of its overall employee Total Rewards Program. A few highlights from the Michelin North America's Benefits Program:
- Healthcare: Major Medical and preventive care, Dental, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Supplemental Vision Plan
- Life Insurance: Group Term life, Short-Term and Long-Term disability
- Retirement and Savings Plan: Defined contribution retirement account, 401k savings plan with matching, 529 college savings plan
- Other Benefits: Ten paid holidays plus vacation, tuition reimbursement, free tires based on year of service, comprehensive relocation assistance
Moving Forward Together: Apply Today!
With over 120 years of dynamic growth, Michelin is recognized as a leading global innovator in mobility and the top selling tire brand worldwide. Michelin designs, manufactures, and sells tires for every type of vehicle, including airplanes, automobiles, bicycles, earthmovers, farm equipment, heavy duty trucks, and motorcycles.
At Michelin you will have the opportunity to let your talents and interests guide your career. Just as tires are a complex blend of elements, so too are people. Your opportunities aren't limited by your formal education. They are only limited by your imagination. Michelin knows this philosophy is a better way forward for you, for your career, and for the company.
Join Michelin and start your career moving forward!
Apply Today- If you are applying with Michelin for the first time, our application process will take approximately 15 minutes. Thank you for your interest in Michelin!
Michelin is an equal employment opportunity employer of minorities, women, veterans and the disabled. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please contact Janet Krupka by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone864-458-5066 to let us know the nature of your request.*
- BS degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering (preferred) or equivalent background
- 5+ years of increasing management or supervisory responsibility in a heavy manufacturing environment (automotive, chemical, pulp and paper, textile, etc.) or in a military environment
- Must have geographical flexibility to go where there is a business need.