This position continually improves existing manufacturing processes and develops new manufacturing processes to support new product development implementation.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Facility expert on automation and controls, including robotics, PLC maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, problem solve, test and commission electrical controls for various plant capital projects
- Optimization of current manufacturing processes and development of new manufacturing processes utilizing Lean and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Lead and participate in Lean kaizen events utilizing Lean tools and methodologies.
- Lead and participate in Six Sigma process improvement projects utilizing DMAIC methodology.
- Manage cost reduction efforts including global sourcing of components and processes, including redesign of products and components through execution of Value Added/Value Engineering (VA/VE) methodologies.
- Assist new product development engineering with integration of new products, both buy/sell and internally manufactured, into production. Responsibilities include manufacturing feasibility and process development, COGS models, pre-production/prototype/acceptance runs, SOP’s, etc.
- Project management of implementation of new manufacturing processes including capital equipment justification and purchase contract development.
- Develop and document written standard operating procedures and methods on manufacturing processes.
- Document and train production personnel on standard operating procedures on all shifts.
- Assist maintenance department with development and control of preventive and predictive maintenance programs.
- Assist tooling department with tooling control process development and implementation related to manufacturing equipment to optimize tooling design and usage.
- Participate in Process and Supplier Material Review Board (MRB) and daily Lean management (CIOS) meetings.
- Communicate continually with plant supervision, quality, and safety representatives regarding equipment modifications, procedure revisions and training.
- Work within QBS requirements and ISO 9000 standards.
- BachelorDegree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
No positions report to this position.
- Five to seven years’ experience with manufacturing process improvement, new product introduction, machinery and documentation. Experience in metal forming/welding, tubing industry and high-volume manufacturing is highly desirable.
- Extensive experienceapplying Lean methodologies to process improvement and new product introduction efforts is required, including prior leadership of kaizen improvement events.
- Prior Six Sigma project participation required, Six Sigma Greenbelt certification highly desired.
- Comprehensive knowledge of general mechanical engineering and mechanical design principles and practices, including tooling design. 3D design experiencedesired.
- Project managementexperience in product development and manufacturing environments.
- Effectively communicate with employees, vendors, and customers at all levels of the organization including strong presentation skills.
- Practical industrial engineering experience in a high-volume assembly and manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Electrical problem solving skills including familiarity with PLC’s, Motor Drives, and Ladder Logic is highly desirable.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office or equivalent software. Experience with Microsoft Project software and Solidworks is a plus.
- Required to travel domestically and internationally.
- Ability to move throughout the plant and office areas.
- Alternates between sitting, standing, and moving within the work area.
- Must be able to manipulate equipment used in performance of tasks.
- Other demands include but not limited to oral, written, and presentation/communications skills.