RGBSI, is dedicated to providing the highest quality of services to our clients and employees. We are proud to be the primary partner to top companies in the automotive, aerospace & defense, IT, media & entertainment, sports, energy, and finance industries. As a result of our clients' continued growth, we are looking for energetic, personable professionals to partner with these leading US companies.
Manufacturing Controls Engineer
- Our philosophy behind Prototyping is not just to make parts. It's all about learning and evolution (to engineering, suppliers, production, customers).
- This role supports manufacturing development activities in the initial development and production of new products to provide input, data, and learnings to these stakeholders.
- This person will manage all controls aspects of machinery and equipment in order to meet customer requirements -- design, procure, build, and maintain prototype controls and equipment. Will integrate prototype assembly processes to traceability (MES) system. Assist with production startup and debug at the Ohio facility as needed. Assist with DFA/DFM reviews and help design/assemble tooling for the upcoming product builds.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead efforts regarding application of machine code throughout the plant
- Lead troubleshooting of controls issues on machinery and equipment
- Track and maintain all PLC/Controls codes
- Lead efforts to upgrade and improve PLC controls and operations
- Support bar code systems throughout the plant
- Support MES and Sequel Server Database
- Ensure ITM requirements are met
- Support process and machinery capability studies and equipment installations
- Support validation of all new and modified processes
- Assure compliance with ergonomic guidelines
- Participate when required in PFMEA and work instruction reviews
- Ensure that equipment meets all applicable industrial standards
- Identify and implement continuous improvement projects (e.g. cost reduction, efficiency improvement)
- Lead controls specification development for machinery and equipment
- Support weekend work as required
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in electrical or controls engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8 years of control engineering experience in a manufacturing facility.
- Working knowledge of PLC (Allen Bradley preferred), HMI's, relays, contactors, servos, steppers, low voltage circuits, high voltage circuits, torque drivers, bar code systems, data base storage, vision systems, etc..
- Experience with quality management systems
- Strong technical and communication skills
- Experience with visual basic and bar code systems
- Working Experience with machine electrical cabinet layout and machine controls
- Team player
- TS 16949 and ISO 14001
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office, Rockwell, AutoCAD, Solidworks