PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The manufacturing controls engineer ensures the end product meets customer needs. This position is responsible for initiating and implementing technical improvements, preventing and resolving technical problems, and assessing the capabilities of the processes. The manufacturing controls engineer will provide all aspects of technical leadership in the improvement of manufacturing processes, manufacturing equipment efficiencies, and product quality.
- Safety – Our employees live injury-free lives
- Productivity Improvement – All lines continually increasing productivity gains
- Product Quality – We provide the best quality to our customers
- Capital – We have the right capital deployed and utilized to achieve manufacturing excellence
- Cost – We are the lowest delivered cost leader
Reports to: Maintenance Leader
Span of Control: No direct reports
- Direct operational support for all control related equipment issues
- Troubleshooting and root cause analysis of program and ongoing nuisance control related issues.
- Identification and implementation of operational efficiency improvements
- Lead the direction and transition of our control systems to align with the OC standards
- Identify and eliminate operational risks due to obsolete hardware and unsupported systems.
- Work with quality and operations to ensure our information systems function correctly to provide accurate process data.
- Support, train and mentor members of the maintenance team to able to become consistent with our control systems.
- Support the plant by acting as a back up support for our IT systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in ElectricalEngineering or related field
- 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Background in controls and control logic programming with Allen Bradley PLC experience.
- Experience working with Siemens PLC strongly preferred (VFDS)
- Six Sigma/Lean manufacturing experiencepreferred
- Understanding of Profi-Net and Ethernet Communication and NetworkTechnology
- Understanding of 15 KV ElectricalDistribution
- Understanding of Coordinated Multi Drive System
- Understanding of Siemens WinCC
- Be responsive to the needs of the plant (will be on call)
- Experience utilizing SAP or other preventative maintenance computer programs and Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrated ability to work both strategically and hands-on
- A proven track record of driving results by engaging others
- Demonstrated ability to coach and guide for results
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of database systems
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills
- Competitively drive results
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) to effectively communicate with people across all levels of the organization
- General knowledge of furnace melting technologies, batch operations, binder operations and processes preferred.
- General knowledge of Root Cause Failure Analysis or equivalent process.
- Knowledge and experience in project management including writing scope and cost estimates, contractor bid packages, and preparing Capital Appropriation Requests for approval.
- Ability to evaluate vendor proposals
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize and lead multi-functional teams to achieve plant objectives.
- Strong listening and comprehension skills.
- Strong at managing projects through completion.
- Ability to lead change through influence and without having direct line leadership of the team.
- Strong problem solving skills to quickly assess situations, develop appropriate solutions, and manage execution.
- Utilizing data and data collection systems, and Six Sigma methods for problem-solving and decision-making to eliminate manufacturing losses and unnecessary costs.
- Able to create and implement strategic and operations plans.
- Business and Financial acumen to understand the drivers of success and how they interact.
- External perspective and understands that all business opportunities start with knowledge of how to create value for customer.
- Strong planning, resourcing and delegation skills.
- Able to achieve results fast both individually and through teams.
- Able to utilize OC systems and the necessary software.
Leading and Developing Talent
- Leadership experience in a matrix environment
- Develops and executes training plans for maintenance personnel and creates a continuous learning environment for employees
- Co-leads and coaches primary maintenance workforce and drives their engagement
- Promotes a work environment characterized by mutual trust and respect, open and honest communications, teamwork and a passion for wining
- Serves as a technical expert and invests in the growth and development of others