We’re growing rapidly and looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
As a key member of Operations Business Systems team, this position will work closely with Operations, Quality, IT, Engineering, and Business unit functions to implement and develop a new manufacturing execution system (MES), Solumina. Candidates must understand the value of technology in manufacturing to improve process control, efficiency, and compliance. A successful candidate will bring a wealth of Process, Systems, and IT experience, and be able to quickly understand the specific business needs of Viasat.
- Evaluate process plans in existing PLM, ERP, and MES systems for conversion to Solumina
- Help administer Solumina
- Respond to and resolve system support issues
- Manage roll-out tasks for Solumina conversions and upgrades
- Facilitate proposals for all upgrades and changes to Solumina
- Contribute to continuous improvement within Solumina
- Ability to both lead and act as a member of a team
- Assist management and manufacturing engineers in the development of procedures and processes which improve Viasat’s ability to meet product system requirements
- Communicate with peers and supervisors regularly, document work, meetings, and decisions
- Stay current on business system technologies relevant to manufacturing execution systems
- Provide business leaders with clear awareness of current state process, system capabilities, and future roadmap
- Participate in continuous improvement actions through data analysis and creation of metrics.
- Provide operational analysis and reporting to Operations functional leaders, Programs, Finance, and others.
- 5+ years of experience in a Solumina support or administrator role
- Technical knowledge of the underlying database table structures in Solumina and the ability to write and troubleshoot queries and views via sql
- Experience with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Product Data Management (PDM)
- Understanding of BOM, Routing, and Item setups and their manufacturing implications
- Understanding of data requirements gathering and ability to translate business requirements from stakeholders to a technical development team.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate and effectively engage with individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Change management skills and ability to operate effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies.
- Adept at process mapping physical and transactional flows.
- High analytical aptitude capable of interpreting data to identify trends.
- Ability to work independently while maintaining an organized and systematic approach to task completion.
- Bachelor degree in a technical/systems field. May substitute applicable equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- US Citizenship required.
- Up to 10% travel
- Experience with reporting and analytical tools, such as Alteryx and Tableau.
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP in the areas of Inventory and Discrete Manufacturing
- Experience with Agile PLM
- Worked in an agile scrum development environment, and experience with JIRA ticketing software