The role works closely with all Manufacturing team members in identifying and defining key business process flow improvements through data analysis problem solving. Lead the development of policies and procedure documentation for proposed process improvements. He/she will document requirements, coordinate functional evaluations, and ensure focus on continuous improvement of all manufacturing business processes. The Manufacturing Business Analyst will also be responsible for maintaining current systems data analysis processes and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes current business processes (plan vs. actual) to identify areas of constraints and translate into mitigation plans and process improvements.
- Recommends technical/business problem solving solutions that are comprehensive, fiscally responsible and encompasses cutting edge technology.
- Gathers and analyzes, documents and test data.
- Identifies root causes and can addresses issues and concerns with comprehensive countermeasures.
- Gathers and analyzes documents and test data.
- Identifies outliers, leading indicators, trends, and pitfalls to develop proactive mitigation plans.
- Prepares reports supporting department goals and objectives.
- Designs, establishes, develops, reporting standard for manufacturing.
- Maintains database and provides quality assessment to ensure data accuracy and constancy.
- Implements business Continuous Process improvement.
- Aids in creation and maintenance of department metrics, KPI, and related analytical tools.
- Conducts capacity planning and analysis to develop internal production plans.
- Maintains awareness of production schedule status through SAP, status meetings and personal interface to insure that the aircraft is being completed per schedule.
Education, Experience, Certification and/or Licensure:
- Bachelors' degree in Program Management, Finance, Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, or a related field strongly preferred or 5 yrs experience in lieu of degree.
- 3 years analysts experience in manufacturing a plus.
- Six Sigma training or experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Understands Lean Manufacturing concepts, Kaizen, or project management concepts including scope management planning, budgeting, and scheduling.
- Strong experience in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes, and Project Management).
- Strong analytical and statistical analysis skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience with data mining in ERP or MRP systems (SAP preferred).