You will be a member of our cross functional design team to design the manufacturing process & automation line and work closely with the manufacturing partners that build our automotive electronic products. These parts are getting faster, denser, smarter, and more complex with every evolution. In this role, you will be responsible for setting the manufacturing strategy, designing the production processes, conducting manufacturing design meeting and managing our tooling and automation suppliers as they build and deliver our lines and tooling. The result or your efforts will be the flawless launch of a robust manufacturing process capable of meeting our customers' requirements. This role will require to architect the manufacturing & automation process, system level design, translate the customer requirement to internal team communication, understanding customer requirement, and leading the manufacturing design effort with EOL test, product design team and plant. This role will be closely tied to our BU core engineering team and all focused on exceeding customer expectations, and value creation for the organization.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research
- Lead the manufacturing process and automation architecture
- Work with Technical leads within the R&D group to ensure that design for manufacturability and maintenance is considered during the design phase.
- Architect the manufacturing process, automation, system level design, translate the customer requirement to cross functional team and build the manufacturing strategy
- Collaborate & apply knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing and conferring with equipment vendors
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- BS in Industrial, Control System or Manufacturing Engineering or Engineering disciplines
- 5+ years of experience in the manufacturing process design.
- 5+ Year working experience in automation design and process
- Experience designing mechanical equipment, fixturing and tooling in CAD
- Experience in designing PCB assembly process
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Experience in automated manufacturing equipment
- Experience in Manufacturing execution system (MES)
- Experience in Programmable logic controller (PLC)
- Experience in areas such as pick & place, laser marking, plastic joining processes, complex assemblies and robotics
- Experience in to develop staff through coaching, mentoring, and training
- Experience in complex product assembly processMust be able to travel up to 20%, including potential international travel.
- MS or PhD in Industrial, Control System or Manufacturing Engineering
- 2 years in automotive tier-1 advanced manufacturing development and design.
- Experience in conformal coating, AOI and X-Ray testing
- Experience in product verification testing