$80K — $100K *
Seattle Children's Therapeutics (SCTx) at Seattle Children's Research Institute (SCRI) is an exciting new venture aimed at leveraging a biotech industry business model in a non-profit context to bring cutting edge, curative technologies and therapies to defeat pediatric cancer and beyond. Our immunotherapies offer hope to families who have exhausted other treatment options - our work saves lives. This position will support the GMP Biologics Manufacturing team as we aim to develop our internal manufacturing capabilities for key starting materials to accelerate our cell therapy manufacturing program, including viral vectors, plasmids, and protein therapeutics.
The focus of the GMP Biologics Manufacturing team is to build an internal CDMO function to eliminate our biggest hurdle to delivering cures to kids. The sourcing of viral vectors is an expensive and time-consuming proposition which stifles the ability of our program to provide Hope, Care, and Cures to our children who need us most. Our success is measured in clinical outcomes. The nature of our work requires team members who thrive in a team-oriented, challenging, and fast paced environment. Candidates who are motivated by the concept that their individual contributions to a team will have direct clinical impact will be successful in this role.
Specifically, we are currently seeking an experienced manufacturing scientist to lead our Downstream manufacturing team. You will operate and supervise a team utilizing state of the art machinery in a GMP environment to manufacture cutting-edge therapies in a growing organization with an incredible mission. Your expertise running and designing processes using tangential-flow filtration, FPLC, and HPLC will help our program grow, and your experience will enable you to grow the skillset of junior manufacturing scientists. Above all, a willingness to learn, passion for our mission, and creativity are crucial for success at SCTx. We are looking forward to meeting you!
Seattle Children’s Employer Highlights:
• Leader in Pediatric Care: Because of our people, Seattle Children’s is recognized as a leading teaching, research and specialty care center at the forefront of pediatric care.
• Competitive Benefits: We support a healthy work–life balance. Our benefits include employee care, paid time off, health insurance and retirement savings.
• Transportation Discounts: Company bike program, on-site zip cars, unlimited ORCA transit pass, daily commute bonus provided to staff who us alternate methods of travel to/from work, company vanpools.
• Diversity/Inclusion: We strive to maintain an atmosphere that reflects our values of inclusion by providing effective and respectful care compatible with each patient and family's beliefs, values, and heritage.
• B.S./B.A. in a life science or related field
• 6 years' experience in a manufacturing role in a GMP environment
OR Masters’s Degree in a life science field and 4 years of applicable experience
• This specific role is for a downstream lead, and as such we will prioritize candidates whose experience is in line with the position. We are simultaneously posting an upstream lead in case your specific experience is not inline with downstream.
• Experience with biomanufacturing processes, including large-scale
mammalian cell culture, tangential-flow filtration (TFF), and chromatography
• Experience with biological manufacturing process development
• Knowledge of advanced data analytics and experimental design software
• Management experience in an industrial biomanufacturing setting
Valid through: 4/20/2021