Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
- Develop and lead high achieving teams to ensure that operational targets are met.
- Develop, coach, mentor, cross train, and conduct periodic conversations that include setting goals and objectives, and annual performance reviews.
- Create a positive team atmosphere across all product line that promotes safety, cohesiveness, maximum performance and efficiency.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to continuously improve safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Establish standard work, accountabilities, and work plans for all roles in the production area.
- Plan, organize and direct the manufacturing operation to ensure the most effective utilization of all resources.
- Work with Group Leaders to allocate resources to complete assemblies and machines to customer expectations and to schedule.
- Manage the production plan to ensure resources are deployed daily where needed keeping skill set, experience, and project adherence as key leading indicators.
- Provide and maintain a visual schedule for all assemblers.
- Maintain and continually improve target build hours.
- Work with Supply Chain to ensure machined parts are scheduled and produced in a timely and efficient manner and ensure on-time delivery of components.
- Assist leading Mission Control Room meetings and communicate all necessary information.
- Attend Order Entry Meetings to assign assembler to a project team.
- Understand build processes to establish and maintain build priority.
- Work with the Director of Operations and Assembly Group Leader on overall scheduling, based on resource availability.
- Encourage and facilitate the incorporation of Lean objectives and processes in all production departments.
- Keep production area clean, neat and organized to allow efficient production.
- Maintain a 'tour ready' appearance in the production area.
- Act as Co-Leader of the Safety Committee, ensuring that all company safety policies and procedures are strictly followed.
- Other duties as requested by Leader.
- Proven ability to lead a cross functional team, achieve desired results, and maintain relationships.
- Experience working in a project management environment.
- Understanding of build sequences and cycle times.
- Creative thinker and problem solver.
- Detail orientated.
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Proficient organizational and time management skill
- Bachelor's degree or professional qualification or equivalent in a relevant discipline, or an ability to demonstrate the necessary work experience.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience successfully supervising/leading in a manufacturing environment (packaging industry is preferred, but not required).
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen events and/or Process Improvement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability to develop people.
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, proven organizational and planning abilities as well as outstanding problem-solving skills
- Ability to train and motivate team members to all levels.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Strong change management experience and skills.
- Ability to occasionally travel to other Accraply/Barry-Wehmiller domestic and international locations.
- Oversee a workforce of 20+ team members, ensuring accountability for performance and behavior.
- Continuous feedback and goal setting conversations.
- Coaching and career development.
- Talent acquisition.
- Recognize and celebrate successes.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that are required to perform the job function. The company may make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling.
- Frequent stooping, kneeling, and/or crouching.
- Maintain steady hand-eye coordination.
- Lift up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Exposure to regularly moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate.