Job Summary: Coordinates engineering, manufacturing, purchasing, inventory control and manufacturing engineering/planning to successfully insure projects are completed on time and meet all requirements. Recommends manufacturing policies and programs to guide the product lines in maintaining and improving the competitive position and profitability of the operations. This position works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews all projects associated within the assigned business areas and develops project plans that details all requirements to successfully move the project from start to finish.
- Reviews all material and labor estimates for new and recurring programs within the assigned business areas and make recommendations to the regarding approval of the project.
- Reviews and coordinates all the ancillary needs for a project to successfully be launched, procured, manufactured, tested, and shipped.
- Works with Program Management and Engineering to review all design documents that involve Manufacturing and Procurement to ensure the execution of the program is successful and profitable.
- Reviews all Engineering Release Authorization documents within the assigned business areas and make recommendations to the approving individual.
- Monitors, reviews and evaluates the performance to budgets for all assigned programs.
- Provides recommendations for corrective action to achieve satisfactory performance to budgets as necessary.
- Develops EAC’s / ETC’s for the necessary programs and report the findings to the Program Office and Operations.
- Serves as a focal point for all necessary activities between Operations, Program Office and Engineering.
- Communicates all necessary information to the Operations departments so that plan(s) can be timely executed within established direction.
- Assists in the resolution of unresolved engineering issues effecting efficient manufacturing operations.
- Assists in the resolution of unresolved vendor issues.
- Prepares information to be presented to management on the status of assigned programs during monthly reviews.
- Monitors all planned deliveries for timeliness and assure customer satisfaction through the delivery of a quality product.
- Performs those administrative activities necessary for the effective management of the product lines including product line goals and objectives, and planning, organizing, integrating and measuring the work performed within the organization.
- Reviews and evaluates cost effectiveness, consistency, quality, accuracy and performance to standards and takes actions necessary to correct discrepancies.
- Ensures compliance with all contractsecurity requirements.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Four-year college degree, or equivalent, in technical field (preferably industrial engineering) and/or business administration plus a minimum of eight years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with progressive responsibilities. Excellent analytical and communication skills. Familiarity with personal computer software. Capable of performing responsibilities under high levels of stress. Ability to set priorities and handle multiple assignments under minimal supervision.