We are looking for Manual Machinist for our client in Odessa, TX
Job Title: ?Manual Machinist
Job Location: Odessa, TX
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; trimming heads.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Knowledge of tolerance interpretations and able to read all aspects of machine drawings.
- High School Diploma required
- Additional technical training a plus
- Must have own tools and have experience hollow spindle lathe.
- 3+ years of experience as a manual machinist, experience with tooling with emphasis on API-7 Q1 threading.
- Requires working knowledge of controls and instrumentation, conceptual skills, functional and technical skills, attention to detail, good verbal communication skills, ability to use good judgment and understanding of supply management.
- Ability to work overtime including weekends and holidays as needed