Req #: 180003MU_en
This job is part of the Global Purchasing Organization and is responsible for API and Chemicals Category to support Baxter Pharmaceuticals GBU.
Main purpose of the job is to optimize supplier relationships while maximizing value and ensuring uninterrupted product flow. Plans and implements the short and long-term strategies for supplier management programs. Ensures continuity and compliance with current supplier program objectives. This position is responsible for establishing, articulating, and implementing sourcing strategies for individual spend categories, supplier networks and / or geographic regions. This position requires a proactive approach that is: relationship orientated, customer focused and team orientated, analytical, creative, dynamic, and demonstrative of continuous improvement.
1) Conceive, initiate, develop, communicate, and manage the execution of purchasing strategies representing a minimum of $25 million of annual expenditures.
2) Delivers successful cross-divisional sourcing projects that yield benefits to the corporation including; savings, re-engineered business processes, sustainable long term agreements and risk mitigating supply strategies.
3) Skilled approach to execution of the negotiation process including usage of information, best-of-breed practice and deal closure.
4) Communicates with management and stakeholder groups affected by the teams sourcing decisions. The use of effective oral and written communication skills to achieve organization objectives and improve productivity is critical.
5) Review supplier performance reports consistent with agreed requirements to insure consistency with quality, service and delivery objectives.
6) Develop, and educate the suppliers to the performance measurements and principles of continuous improvement consistent with Quality Leadership principles.
7) Develop strong, ethical relationships with World Class suppliers and ensure that activities surrounding dealing with suppliers are conducted under the auspices of good business practices and consistent with the Baxter Code of Ethics.
8) Develops policies and procedures as part of procurement team to support operational efficiencies and maintain state-of-the-art activities, both tactical and strategic.
9) Negotiates contracts, pricing/supply agreement, supplier managed inventory (consignment) and total cost agreements within dollar responsibility range and for presentation/ signature at senior level.
Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering, Chemistry/Biology or like); MBA desirable.
5-8 years of diversified procurement and operational experience in business, technical, and managerial functions.
In depth knowledge of area of expertise, and/or pharmaceutical industry.
C.P.M. and/or A.P.P. desirable. Good oral, written communications, and presentation skills.
Competent in project management role.
Able to interface with multiple levels of management, including senior management at both procurement and business unit levels.