Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
11 - 15 years
Posted 124 days ago
Manages and oversees the Fresno Trial Division Office of Nationwide Insurance. This position has 11 direct reports and has accountability for the quality and delivery of legal services to clients and customers of the office. This position will be a supervisory role over the Trial Attorneys, Paralegals and Secretarial staff.
Reporting Relationships: Reports to the Regional AVP. Direct reports include Trial Attorneys, Paralegals and Support Staff.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
• High quality legal representation.
• Build strong relationships with Nationwide Claims organization.
• Possess a strong reputation within the California legal community.
• Development of attorneys and associates.
• Effective, efficient, and fiscally responsible office management.
• Implements and manages all aspects of Nationwide Trial Division best practices, processes and guidelines, providing training as needed.
• Maintains and promotes good relationships with Clients and our Claims management customer.
• Conducts open and closed file audits of direct reports; seeks feedback from claims partners and Nationwide Trial Division senior leadership. Provides meaningful developmental coaching and feedback to attorneys and paralegals about feedback and file reviews, creating development plans to address growth opportunities.
• Manages attorney, paralegal, and support staff performance and productivity for assigned office. Assigns work, is responsible for development, coaching, training and mentoring individual associates.
• Manages or co-manages expenses for assigned office.
• Responsible for compliance with all applicable ethical requirements and for professional development, training of direct reports, pursuant to Nationwide Trial Division protocols.
• Reviews and assigns cases. Maintains a case load of no more than 10 cases. Provides legal representation for clients, including trying cases in all courts and agencies, and related legal advice and services.
• Collaborates with Business Operations to ensure that administration services provided to the office are at acceptable levels.
• Partners with Specialty executives on any performance related matters regarding specialty areas.
• Responsible for preparation of various business reports in order to manage office. Reviews and analyzes trends and recommendations to upper management regarding short-term and long term critical business decision.
• Manages and coordinates all administrative functions for the office. Reviews and monitors quality and productivity with respect to office performance in assigned territory.
• Monitors and responds to office growth demands and reduction in force, including staffing, physical plan, and technology needs. Plans and coordinates projects regarding systems and processes changes.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Typical Skills and Experiences:
Education: JD Degree from an accredited law school.
License/Certification/Designation: Currently licensed as an attorney in an appropriate U.S. jurisdiction. Maintains an active license in the state in which the position is located.
Experience: Typically has 10 plus years of relevant civil litigation, trial experience and/or agency hearing representation experience. Experience in supervision of others required.
Knowledge: Has expertise in highly complex matters of law. Adherence to Private Practice of Law policy.